Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-04-2018, 10:42 AM   #1
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Calibre email doesn't work

Just dl Calibre to a new device. Added my kindle a Gmail addresses, sent a test email but it hasn't gone through, even though it says Successfully Sent.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 11:32 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-using-calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2018, 03:29 PM   #3
hrchl86
hrchl86 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Thank you for creating such an amazing app which I have been using for years.

However, I encountered a new issue with my calibre 3.16 in mac. Starting from about 3 weeks ago, it did not auto send downloaded news to my kindle anymore. It used to auto send everyday after downloading my news source... Can you shed light on it?

Thanks!
hrchl86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2018, 09:54 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AUto sending is controlled via Preferences->sharing by email make sure you have it enabled for the email addresses of interest and that the email format is the same as the format you download news in (EPUB/MOBI)
Old 02-06-2018, 05:44 PM   #5
hrchl86

Quote:
AUto sending is controlled via Preferences->sharing by email make sure you have it enabled for the email addresses of interest and that the email format is the same as the format you download news in (EPUB/MOBI)
Thanks for your reply. One more question if I may, I want to set up calibre in an ubuntu vps and automate daily news sending, could you give some tips on top of your head? I tried to do some google search and found an old article from digitalocean but did not manage to replicate..
Advert
Old 02-06-2018, 06:01 PM   #6
hrchl86

Quote:
I see the issue. If I set email format as EPUB, MOBI, calibre auto sends but then my GMX received an email There was a problem with the document(s) that you sent to Kindle.

If I set email format as epub alone (or epub, azw3), then calibre does not auto-send after downloading the news...
Old 02-06-2018, 08:12 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...n-linux-server