Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-01-2011, 10:55 AM   #1
357mag
Connoisseur
357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter357mag doesn't litter

Device: iPad and Galaxy S5
Can't get books from content server on Droid

When I connect to the content server using http on my Droid and click on "Get" to download a book, I get the message that the download has failed because of an unsupported format even though I have the Kindle app installed. The Kindle app can open .mobi files, but the download still fails. What am I doing wrong here?
357mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Does the device know to use the Kindle app to open MOBI files?
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-01-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
357mag
Connoisseur

There is no way to make Kindle the default app to open .mobi files. So far the only way I know to open a .mobe file is from within the Kindle app.
Old 08-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
I believe that "Get" will grab the EPUB by default.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2011, 05:03 PM   #5
357mag
Connoisseur

All of my files are .mobi.
Advert
Old 08-01-2011, 05:29 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I believe that "Get" will grab the EPUB by default.
Get gets whichever format is set to your default output format. If that's not available, then the next "best" format is used.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2011, 01:36 PM   #7
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Get gets whichever format is set to your default output format. If that's not available, then the next "best" format is used.
Thanks.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote