Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-02-2023, 08:33 AM   #46
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
if i untick use bundled python 3.4 then it does not even try to work- just complains.
Of course it does. Unless you've taken the time to set up an external Python with all the modules that Sigil plugins need, then there's no reason to ever untick the "Use bundled Python" box. Ticked is default on Windows.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 01:25 PM   #47
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
there is no mention of needing other installs, yet I suspect some python versions clash.
if i untick use bundled python 3.4 then it does not even try to work- just complains.
One time just for the heck of it, I tried using an external python install. I ended up spending quite a bit of time installing all the modules and their prerequisites that the bundled python has preinstalled. An interesting exercise but not one that I would recommend unless you are trying to stay awake while watching for alarms from midnight to 07:30 for a few weeks.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 02:11 PM   #48
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Also note that Sigil has not bundled Python 3.4 with its installers for quite some time. Sigil 1.9.30 bundles Python 3.8.3 with its Windows and macOS installers (soon to be Python 3.11.3).

The only thing that mentions Python 3.4 is the label for the external python executable which actually says. "≥Python3.4". Meaning the external Python needs to be a minimum of Python 3.4.

The Sigil build documentation includes the list of requisite extra Python modules needed for a sane Sigil Plugin Framework. There's even a test plugin that can be installed to make sure that Python environment (Bundled or external) is set up correctly to run plugins.
Old 08-02-2023, 02:58 PM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The Sigil build documentation includes the list of requisite extra Python modules needed for a sane Sigil Plugin Framework. There's even a test plugin that can be installed to make sure that Python environment (Bundled or external) is set up correctly to run plugins.
That would have taken all the fun out of locating and installing the modules with Python 3.11.1. I needed that work to keep me awake at 04:00.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 03:49 PM   #50
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
That would have taken all the fun out of locating and installing the modules with Python 3.11.1. I needed that work to keep me awake at 04:00.
And you're better off for the effort.