Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 06-27-2023, 02:27 PM   #1
oston
Enthusiast
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Libra 2
access-aide failure

Hi, Kevin.
I had to reinstall all my programs on a new computer and now I get the following error when trying to check an epub.

----
File "C:\Users\jhswi\AppData\Local\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins\Access-Aide\accessgui.py", line 93, in __init__
with open(imagepath, "rb") as fp:
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\jhswi\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmp22v8gx 59\\image\\cover_cwv-8_ebook.jpg'
Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'C:\\Users\\jhswi\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\tmp22v8gx 59\\image\\cover_cwv-8_ebook.jpg'
----

I have never encountered this before, so don't know if Sigil creates that tmep directory/file, or if I am missing something here.
Many thanks
Jim
oston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 02:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What version of Sigil and what version of the OS?

temp are usually scratch areas while work is in progress. Overly protective Security can get in the way sometimes.

I thought sigil-ebook moved their temp ages ago because of these kind of issues
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:05 PM   #3
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I thought sigil-ebook moved their temp ages ago because of these kind of issues
It did. But only beginning with the last version. I'm wondering if the OP actually reinstalled Sigil (and its plugins), or just copied stuff to the new computer?

They should definitely try the latest version of the Access-Aid plugin, though. The line of code specified in the error message hasn't been on line 93 of accessgui.py since the initial commit to github.

But I still can't figure out how the plugin would be passing stale scratch directories with a new installation of Sigil--even if it was an older version.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:07 PM   #4
oston
Enthusiast
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The latest versions of Windows 11 and Sigil ( 1.9.30) were used for the re-install. It was a clean installation from scratch.

Jim
Old 06-27-2023, 03:21 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Also please make sure your epub passes epubcheck before trying to run access aide to rule out broken img links in that epub.

Also install the latest version of Access-Aide from here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=294900

Last edited by KevinH; 06-27-2023 at 03:35 PM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 03:42 PM   #6
oston
Enthusiast

Many thanks, Kevin. I had installed the wrong version of Access-Aide. I think I am more used to seeing the latest version of things at the top of the list. I installed .040 instead of 054 without reading the list carefully. :-(
Jim

Tags
access-aide