Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-22-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
20LEgend
Connoisseur
20LEgend began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Unable to add books

All my books are on a Windows laptop in Calibre folder.
Just copied them all to a memory stick.
I want to add them to Calibre on my new Windows tablet.
Calibre on tablet sees the memory stick and all the books on it.
I click Add books, Select All but nothing happens.

Plz someone tell me what I'm missing.
20LEgend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend View Post
Plz someone tell me what I'm missing.
Doing it the easy way.

See ==>> How do I move my calibre data from one computer to another?

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:53 AM   #3
20LEgend
Connoisseur

This looks just what I need, BetterRed. Just one thing, it says right click on the Calibre button. Not sure what that means.
I've downloaded and have an empty Calibre in front of me but which is the Calibre button?
I should add that I am now using a Windows tablet so right-clicking is not an option.

Last edited by 20LEgend; 05-23-2017 at 06:59 AM.
Old 05-23-2017, 10:53 AM   #4
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Tapping the Library symbol should work too.

Or, if you prefer to do it manually, copy the entire calibre folder including all files and sub directories to the tablet and don't forgot to tell calibre where to find the library folder on your tablet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calBackup.JPG
Views:	184
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	156949  
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 02:01 PM   #5
20LEgend
Connoisseur

Thanks, DivingDuck. The folder that has my books has folders within it, each for an individual author. I'm thinking that's why Calibre can't just copy the lot. There's over 2000 books so you can see why I don't want to do them individually.
Old 05-23-2017, 04:21 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks, DivingDuck. The folder that has my books has folders within it, each for an individual author. I'm thinking that's why Calibre can't just copy the lot. There's over 2000 books so you can see why I don't want to do them individually.
The Library (aka the Calibre icon) looks like this Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 409
Size:  8.4 KB, where 'Test' is the current library name.

The advantage of the Export/Import feature is that it will transfer all your libraries and your configuration data (plugins, global settings and tweaks etc). Doing that manually could be tedious, and error prone if you use drag and drop.

I failed finger-painting at pre-school, so I have no idea how to right click on an MS Surface that doesn't sport a mouse and/or a keyboard - maybe you can ask Cortana to do it for you

BR
Old 05-23-2017, 06:04 PM   #7
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
I should add that I am now using a Windows tablet so right-clicking is not an option.
Does http://ccm.net/faq/44610-how-to-righ...0-touch-device help with the right click?
Quote:
How To Right-Click or Double-Click on a Touch Screen

Touch and gently hold down your finger on the selected item (app, shortcut, desktop...) for a couple of seconds. Release your finger to display the right-click context menu.

Double-clicking on a touchscreen device is a breeze. You simply have to double tap on the desired item to execute the double-click.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 08:37 AM   #8
20LEgend
Connoisseur

Many thanks, Peter T.
Old 05-26-2017, 09:10 AM   #9
20LEgend
Connoisseur

Not done anything different but Calibre sees my Calibre folder now. Clicked to add the books but only 300 or so came over. 2000+ in the folder.
Also, when I get the warning of duplicates it stops working unless I accept them being added.

Update: Just got Windows to search .mobi only then put them in a new folder. Nothing but .mobi books in there, Calibre doesn't see them.

Last edited by 20LEgend; 05-26-2017 at 09:43 AM.
Old 05-27-2017, 07:21 PM   #10
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Update: Just got Windows to search .mobi only then put them in a new folder. Nothing but .mobi books in there, Calibre doesn't see them.
Which Add Books option did you use?

If all the .MOBI files are in one folder, then you need to use the first option - Add books from a single directory

BR