Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #1
julioemanoeld
julioemanoeld began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2 (6th Generation)
Kindle deactivation by Amazon. Can i still use it?

I just called the support from amazon to talk about some horizontal lines that appeared on the top of the screen of my kindle paperwhite 2nd gen; and since there's no technical support for these devices in my country (Brazil), they offered me a gift card so i can buy a new kindle, and then they would cancel the registration of my kindle, and i would not be able to register this device again. There's any way i could bypass this? Jailbreak or something else? It's still a perfectly cappable device and it would be a shame if it turns into a paper weight.
julioemanoeld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 12:39 PM   #2
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by julioemanoeld View Post
I just called the support from amazon to talk about some horizontal lines that appeared on the top of the screen of my kindle paperwhite 2nd gen; and since there's no technical support for these devices in my country (Brazil), they offered me a gift card so i can buy a new kindle, and then they would cancel the registration of my kindle, and i would not be able to register this device again. There's any way i could bypass this? Jailbreak or something else? It's still a perfectly cappable device and it would be a shame if it turns into a paper weight.
You can put books onto it using USB, but you can't register it, which means you won't be able to use collections, at least, and I believe there are a few other features that aren't available to unregistered Kindles.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2019, 12:45 PM   #3
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Why would Amazon blacklist this? You can have more than one device registered to your Amazon account.
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:10 PM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Why would Amazon blacklist this? You can have more than one device registered to your Amazon account.
When Amazon give you a replacement for a faulty device and don't require you to return the old one, it's standard practice for them to blacklist the original device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 02:46 PM   #5
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
When Amazon give you a replacement for a faulty device and don't require you to return the old one, it's standard practice for them to blacklist the original device.
Ah, didn't remember that. Thanks!
Deskisamess is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2019, 08:04 AM   #6
Fmstrat
G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Jailbreak, install KOReader. Then you can use an OPDS catalog with something like Calibre-Web. I don't even have my Kindle registered with Amazon.
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote