Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > Android Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-24-2017, 04:41 PM   #16
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronix View Post
did you already update?
if not, would you mind giving me the version information that you got on the system-update screen?
V1.0.0-2017092314 Notice came up when rebooting.

Not sure what it was before and I did do a factory reset so that may be what it was shipped with.

Last edited by jscris; 10-24-2017 at 04:46 PM.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 05:27 PM   #17
Cronix
Cronix began at the beginning.

Device: Illumia Icarus XL HD
okay THATS weird, my string reads 2017092621 at the end o.O
so that means you already updated?

sadly i cant force the api to return something with using your version string

curl --data "model=Boyue-Icarus-T80S&packageDate=2017092314&packageCode=Icarus-Ereader_V1.0.0-2017092314&serialNumber=your serial" http://api.boyue.com/update/v1

Last edited by Cronix; 10-24-2017 at 05:32 PM.
Cronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-24-2017, 06:02 PM   #18
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cronix View Post
okay THATS weird, my string reads 2017092621 at the end o.O
so that means you already updated?

sadly i cant force the api to return something with using your version string

curl --data "model=Boyue-Icarus-T80S&packageDate=2017092314&packageCode=Icarus-Ereader_V1.0.0-2017092314&serialNumber=your serial" http://api.boyue.com/update/v1
Hm. That is strange. And yes, mine is updated.

Just checked to see if it would see another update and it did not.

Last edited by jscris; 10-24-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 10-25-2017, 12:49 AM   #19
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
My device says,

Current version: Icarus-Ereader_V1.0.0-2017092621
Model: Icarus-E785BK

I have never done an update nor is there one available but I was one of the last devices shipped.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-25-2017 at 12:56 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 02:36 AM   #20
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I am also 2017092621, shipped with this one.
There must be a way to download them: the firmware foresees update from local filesystem, from update.zip
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-25-2017, 04:46 AM   #21
Cronix

well, as soon as there is an upgrade for mine, ill fire up wireshark to see where it grabs it from

right now im trying to get a TWRP built for this device.
no promises tho since so far i've NEVER succeeded with porting something to a new device i own.
altough it "should" be easy since there is enough in the wild related to rk3188 chips already

Last edited by Cronix; 10-25-2017 at 05:11 AM.
Old 10-25-2017, 05:20 AM   #22
Cronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
My device says,

Current version: Icarus-Ereader_V1.0.0-2017092621
Model: Icarus-E785BK

I have never done an update nor is there one available but I was one of the last devices shipped.
btw, that model is a lie
icarus mainly changed device information that is visibile through the UI, in the guts of the OS everything that is not exposed through GUI still reads Buyue T80S
Old 10-25-2017, 05:43 AM   #23
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
I am also 2017092621, shipped with this one.
There must be a way to download them: the firmware foresees update from local filesystem, from update.zip
I think it is safe to say that 2017092621 is newer than 2017092314. I did a factory reset too and 2017092621 is definitely the version mine was shipped with.

It would be nice for them to make the newest firmware available on their site for download.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:23 PM   #24
jscris
Addict

Okay...I may need to just post on the Boyue thread from now on. I have had so much trouble with the Icarus that it's going back. I also have a Boyue here that I was going to test then use as a gift, but I think I'm keeping it. The Icarus is boxed ready to go back but I got it out and checked. The firmware is indeed 2017092621 and I was one of the last on the Indiegogo campaign. I didn't check to see if it wanted to update now because I have it reset and boxed for return.

The Boyue has the 2017092314 firmware and it doesn't want to update. I'm sure both of them at some point downloaded an update but I wasn't keeping track of the numbers at that time. Sorry if I've confused anyone because of one being branded a Boyue.
Old 10-25-2017, 08:49 PM   #25
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Device: Boox Note 2, Boox i86
Hello. Could someone upload a backup for Illumna XL HD please? Messed it up and forgot to make a backup. Reader is stuck on home screen and turns on slowly. Tried to run logcat via adb shell and it says that garbage collector is stopping all services.
Neru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:43 PM   #26
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Could someone upload a backup for Illumna XL HD please
The images from the first post don't work?
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 09:36 AM   #27
Neru
!!!
Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.Neru knows the way to San Jose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
The images from the first post don't work?
I've flashed everything except ramdisk.img (I'm not sure how to as its not listed in ROM flash tool. I guess I need to make kernel.img and ramdisk.img into boot.img?)- after that I've rebooted device, it said "updating files" but its still the same.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:22 PM   #28
Enthusiast
guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.guest can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Inkbook 8
Quote:
I've flashed everything except ramdisk.img (I'm not sure how to as its not listed in ROM flash tool. I guess I need to make kernel.img and ramdisk.img into boot.img?)- after that I've rebooted device, it said "updating files" but its still the same.
Yes, you need the boot.img. So to make your life easier here's a full backup:
https://files.fm/u/c6zzfffg
However my HDD has died, so I can't guarantee that all files are correct (but I think they are).
I don't know if your flashing tool can guess correct addresses and sizes - you can verify the values in dmesg from the first post.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #29
Neru
!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by guest View Post
Yes, you need the boot.img. So to make your life easier here's a full backup:
https://files.fm/u/c6zzfffg
However my HDD has died, so I can't guarantee that all files are correct (but I think they are).
I don't know if your flashing tool can guess correct addresses and sizes - you can verify the values in dmesg from the first post.

Thank you, you saved not only my time but also eyes- they are getting worse very fast but I need a lot of information so I have to rely on the internet and a screen. Because of this I am very thankful to you for a backup and to Cronix for dmesg!
Old 10-31-2017, 12:26 AM   #30
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Thank you, you saved
Which flashing tools did you use?
I am also curious about how the images where obtained in the first place
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote