Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-24-2019, 05:01 AM   #1
hobi2000
hobi2000 began at the beginning.

Device: epub
epub 2 PDF conversion with OCR in PDF possible?

Hi folks,

is it somehow possible to convert an epub file to a PDF file were in the end I open up the pdf in a pdf reader on a tablet were I can than mark interesting sentences actively and save the file than.

To be able to mark sentences I need a PDF file which has these OCR done before.

I would be great if that would be possible somehow with Calibre.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Chris
hobi2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:23 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobi2000 View Post
Hi folks,

is it somehow possible to convert an epub file to a PDF file were in the end I open up the pdf in a pdf reader on a tablet were I can than mark interesting sentences actively and save the file than.

To be able to mark sentences I need a PDF file which has these OCR done before.

I would be great if that would be possible somehow with Calibre.

Any hints?

Thanks in advance

Chris
Is the epub content stored as text files or as a collection of page images? If it is text files, no need for OCR since the pdf will already be text. If it is page images, it would be easiest to extract the images and then create the pdf from those images with an OCRed text layer.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2019, 03:20 AM   #3
Valkrider
Addict
Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valkrider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra, iPadAir2, PRS600, iPhone 6, iPod, Palm TX
If you just want to mark text in an ePub file several of the reader apps do that. Marvin on the iPad certainly does.
Valkrider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre ocr pdf