Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-17-2019, 05:16 PM   #586
Savate
Enthusiast
Savate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Signature
No - the beta is just the same.

I give up!

This plug in does not work for me.

Thanks anyway.

Last edited by Savate; 03-17-2019 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Wrong location!
Savate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 08:15 PM   #587
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savate View Post
No - the beta is just the same.

I give up!

This plug in does not work for me.

Thanks anyway.
That's strange. I ran tests using the sample you posted and it generated the expected result which included the location details. Is that the complete file or did you copy and paste a chunk? If so, could you post the complete file unchanged? There is at least one strange character in there, so maybe there is something else in the file that didn't get through the copying process. If you don't want to post it, send it to me via PM.

I'd also like to see calibre debug log when you run the fetch. That can show a lot of things about what is happening.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2019, 05:52 PM   #588
Savate
Enthusiast
Savate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enoughSavate will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Signature
Hi thanks for your helpful reply.

I'll have another go at this in the next few days. I'll attach/send a copy of the clippings file and I'll run a log too and send that.
Savate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:16 AM   #589
rmarhi
rmarhi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra
error fetching annotations

Hi

I recently installed Annotations (1.8) plugin but I appear to be having a problem with it.

When I try to 'fetch annotations from kobo" I get the following error:

calibre, version 3.41.2
Error fetching annotations: <p>Unable to fetch annotations from Kobo Aura.</p>

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 301, in fetch_device_annotations
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 1024, in process_selected_books
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.action", line 135, in add_annotations_to_calibre
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotations_db", line 180, in annotations_to_html
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotations", line 198, in to_HTML
File "site-packages\bs4\element.py", line 830, in __init__
ValueError: No value provided for new tag's name.

And when I try to "modify appearance" in the customize screen, I get the following error:

calibre, version 3.41.2
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:No value provided for new tag's name.

calibre 3.41.2 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.17763-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.17763')
Python 2.7.15+
Windows: ('10', '10.0.17763', 'SP0', u'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (6, 5, 5) && KoboTouchExtended (3, 0, 2) && KePub Input (3, 0, 0) && KePub Output (3, 0, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 7, 0) && KePub Metadata Reader (3, 0, 2) && Kobo Books (1, 6, 0) && KePub Metadata Writer (3, 0, 3) && Annotations (1, 8, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.config", line 325, in configure_appearance
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.appearance", line 496, in __init__
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.appearance", line 298, in initialize
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.appearance", line 276, in css_edited
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.appearance", line 368, in preview_css
File "calibre_plugins.annotations.annotations", line 198, in to_HTML
File "site-packages\bs4\element.py", line 830, in __init__
ValueError: No value provided for new tag's name.
rmarhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:28 AM   #590
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
The recent update to Calibre and Kobo on it fixed the messy formatting on the Kobo Utiliies Fetch Annotation, which has always been much faster and more reliable. Connect Kobo, Highlight book, go Kobo Utilities (might need installed), Fetch annotation for book. Then copy/paste wherever you want it (inc Custom Metadata, though I use separate text files I backup.)
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:33 AM   #591
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That's a problem due to changes in the latest version of calibre. I thought I had checked all my plugins for this change. I'll try and fix it in the next day or so.
Old 04-22-2019, 12:44 AM   #592
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
The recent update to Calibre and Kobo on it fixed the messy formatting on the Kobo Utiliies Fetch Annotation, which has always been much faster and more reliable. Connect Kobo, Highlight book, go Kobo Utilities (might need installed), Fetch annotation for book. Then copy/paste wherever you want it (inc Custom Metadata, though I use separate text files I backup.)
Except of course that it doesn't do the same thing as this plugin. They serve different functions.

And the change to the formatting was me needing to touch that code so I fixed other things while I was there. Nothing to do with the calibre change. Or at least not directly.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:04 AM   #593
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Update to version 1.9.0

I have just released version 1.9.0 of the plugin. This is a long overdue official release that rolls the functions in the various beta's I have released over the last year or so.

The list of changes are:
  • New: Add support for tolino devices.
  • Fix: Parsing error when annotations in library missing color attribute.
  • Fix: Apparently some Kindles use lower case for location and page.
  • Fix: Was writing empty p-tag after the annotation and note.
  • New: Change device fetch menu option to the same name all the time.
  • New: Add some shortcuts.
  • Update: Internal changes for prints and testing in ParseKindleMyClippingsTxt.py.
  • Fix: Update to match BeautifulSoup changes in calibre.

The tolino support is similar to the Kindle support. Annotations are written to a file called "notes.txt" in the root directory of the device. This is more a log of annotations made. There is probably another store of the annotations used for displaying them on the device, but it is not accessible over the USB connection.

The menu item for fetching from a connected device has been changed. Instead of including the name of the device, it is now a generic "Fetch annotations from connected device". This change was to make it easier to create a shortcut for the function.

The other changes are bug fixes and to support changes made in calibre.

Calibre should make the update in the next hour or so. If there are any problems, please report them here.
Old 04-23-2019, 01:19 AM   #594
rmarhi
rmarhi began at the beginning.

Device: kobo libra
Release 1.90 has resolved the errors I was receiving. Thanks.
rmarhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 04:12 AM   #595
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Hi David,
thanks for the shortcut. It works well.

Do you know the reason for the following?
It happens that I do not get the Annotation for about 20percent of my books. Although there is an Annotation and I can get it by the KoboUtility (see screenshot).
btw this is not new since last update. It is only that I find time to report this only now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-04-23 10_03_04-calibre - __ Calibre Bibliothek __.jpg
Views:	455
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	170871  
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 08:47 AM   #596
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katja_hbg View Post
Do you know the reason for the following?
It happens that I do not get the Annotation for about 20percent of my books. Although there is an Annotation and I can get it by the KoboUtility (see screenshot).
btw this is not new since last update. It is only that I find time to report this only now.
I haven't noticed any issues. It should be getting annotations for all books on the device that are in the library. If the books aren't matched, the annotations won't be fetched. In the screen shot, there is only one book listed. Is that due to a search? Or a virtual library? The search shouldn't have an affect, but I don't know what will happen if you are using a virtual library.

Can you run calibre in debug mode and post the log? Or PM it to me if you would prefer. Hopefully that will give me an idea of what is happening.
Old 04-24-2019, 06:07 AM   #597
Katja_hbg
Groupie
Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.Katja_hbg can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo Glo HD (landscape), Kobo Aura One
Hi David,
the book is now deleted from the device. So I need to wait when it happens again to create a debug log. This may take some days.

I use view manager with search but not VL.
Katja_hbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 04:29 PM   #598
xppx99
xppx99 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD (broken); Kobo Forma
hello!
Is it possible to auto trigger the fetch, every time the e-Reader is connected?

thanks
xppx99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2019, 01:56 AM   #599
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xppx99 View Post
Is it possible to auto trigger the fetch, every time the e-Reader is connected?
Not at the moment. It would really need to be changed to run in the background so that it doesn't get in the way. Plus, I think in running automatically, it would need to only find the changes. It isn't a change I'm interested in doing at the moment.
Old 04-30-2019, 05:55 AM   #600
mva1985
Enthusiast
mva1985 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Simple Touch Glowlight, Nook HD
Is there any way to actually highlight using the built-in epub reader in Calibre? Having tried many PC epub readers it seems that the one included with Calibre is the best for my laptop except it lacks highlighting features or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks
mva1985 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sampleexportingapp