Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-22-2019, 02:20 PM   #1
Fmstrat
G:RSS-Web Creator
Fmstrat began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, PW, Nexus 4,10
Arrow Kindle PW1, 3G, 5.4.4.2, Jailbreak and update?

Hi everyone,

I've got a Kindle PW1 with 3G running 5.4.4.2. I hadn't used it in a long time, so I guess with 5.4.4.2 the 3G service doesn't work anymore.

I recently conducted the 1.14.N jailbreak to use KOReader, and am now wondering how/if I can get 3G working again.

Do I need to update firmware? If so, how do I do that and keep the JB?

Thanks!
Fmstrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:46 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
3G support is completely orthogonal to anything custom.

I have no idea how the 3G deprecation is progressing, but the PW1 is EOL, and its final FW version is 5.6.1.1, so, you can try updating, but that's it.

Just make sure you've installed a recent Hotfix (i.e., snapshots), and you should be safe.

No idea if it'll actually help with 3G *at all*, though (again, device EOL, and service being deprecated) .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 06:33 AM   #3
JimmyR
ɴₐɴ
JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV PW4 PW3 PW2
On the PW1, you need 5.6.1.1 to continue using Amazon services so its most likely not a 3G issue--you wouldn't be able to log on to your account with WiFi either.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...deId=202048000
JimmyR is offline   Reply With Quote