Notices

Old 03-14-2019, 12:54 AM   #1
Linolad
Linolad
Linolad began at the beginning.

Device: 4th gen Kindle
Hello From Melbourne Australia

Hi Fellow E Book Readers,

I have only just joined today, but already this forum has struck me as having achieved the right critical mass, helpful tone and list of discussion topics for me to enjoy being a part of.

For my part I have owned 3 Kindles to date.

I am not sure when I bought the first one but it was the original available at the time. It developed a critical fault after about 8 months and Amazon changed it over to the new version.

Then in 2011 I bought a silver Gen 4 which I still have. However for the last 3 years I have been using an IPad for my Kindles purchases and only this week, (when my Ipad died), I started using the E ink device again.

That's what got me onto this thread as I need advice now as the Gen 4 I own won't talk to any of my wireless networks.

That will be a voyage of discovery, but along the way I am keen to mix and mingle with fellow forumites at mobileread.

Cheers
Linolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 05:44 AM   #2
02xda2
moddedmad
02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.02xda2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Hi Linolad,

Welcome to MobileRead !

There's a Kindle Section for your queries/questions where you get faster responses, please feel free to post there, you may have all the answers
02xda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:38 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
G’day Linolad and welcome to MobileRead.
MickeyC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 06:53 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Yotaphone 2
Welcome to MobileRead!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:37 AM   #5
Linolad
Linolad
Linolad began at the beginning.

Device: 4th gen Kindle
Smile

Well interestingly my issue with wireless disappeared once I had joined up. On my return home last night my k4 connected immediately!

Your influence is obviously far reaching!
Linolad is offline   Reply With Quote