Dear friends,

I have installed windows 7 and now it doesnt recognise my DPT S1
Will you please help me?
Thank you
abendino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 01:49 AM   #707
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by abendino View Post
Dear friends,

I have installed windows 7 and now it doesnt recognise my DPT S1
Will you please help me?
Thank you
You probably have to reinstall Sony's app.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:47 AM   #708
Begemot
Zealot
Begemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic somethingBegemot has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Sony DPT-S1, Kindle DX, iPad, Kobo Mini,H20,iRiver StoryHD
For basic file transfer you should be able to get by with basic USB drivers.

I've noticed that USB3 ports can be a bit wonky (and USB3 drivers are not included by default on Win 7) when connecting a computer to many e-readers/phones/etc.

So first see if a USB2 port will work.

Then again, I've only tested my DPT-S1 on Win 8 and Win 10 so not sure if there is some Windows 7 specific issue.
Begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:39 AM   #709
abendino
abendino began at the beginning.

Device: Sont DPT S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Begemot View Post
For basic file transfer you should be able to get by with basic USB drivers.

I've noticed that USB3 ports can be a bit wonky (and USB3 drivers are not included by default on Win 7) when connecting a computer to many e-readers/phones/etc.

So first see if a USB2 port will work.

Then again, I've only tested my DPT-S1 on Win 8 and Win 10 so not sure if there is some Windows 7 specific issue.
I have only USB2 ports. And they do not work with Sony.
abendino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 07:50 AM   #710
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Is it work buying an DPT-S1 today if it were at a good price?
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #711
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
That depends. It is only 150dpi and only supports PDF and some people don't care about SD card.

But all others with 13 inch displays are heavier, don't have SD slots, and most are both.

I'm not aware of a 13 inch display better than the DPT-S1.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 12:51 AM   #712
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gingerbeardman View Post
I think it depends on your definition of a "good price." The RP1 is down to US$600 now and has superior hardware (a 207dpi panel vs the S1's 150dpi, a slightly lighter form factor and NFC).

On the other hand, the last time I checked, the software on the S1 is still better than the RP1, but this may've been fixed with a firmware update since the initial release. I'm pretty sure that the RP1 still doesn't support webDAV or mounting via USB.

Depends what you need I guess, but at the end of the day the DPT-S1 is still a great device.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2018, 05:15 AM   #713
gingerbeardman
Zealot
gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gingerbeardman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various Sony Readers, Kobo Touch Edition, iPhone
Thanks both
gingerbeardman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 04:13 AM   #714
mrpotts
Connoisseur
mrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-booksmrpotts has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Digital Paper, Amazon Paperwhite
I've had the Sony DPTS1 for a few years now. Is it time to upgrade? The Likebook Mimas has caught my eye but it looks alot heavier. I like the backlight and 128GB SD capacity.

If I sold my DPTS1, what could I realistically get for a well kept one?

What'dya think?

Phil
mrpotts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2019, 05:57 PM   #715
kmicu
kmicu began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch 622, Sony DPT-S1
Hi folks, did any of you disassemble your unit? Currently my device cannot boot. Orange indicator (next to the power button) blinks but nothing happens after ‘Welcome, Sony’ page.

Maybe you are familiar with a procedure for hard reset (harder than pressing Reset and Power button at the same time) or maybe it’s possible to put firmware on sdcard and boot from it?

Any tips appreciated before I open the case in destructive way Cheers.

Last edited by kmicu; 03-28-2019 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Spelling.
kmicu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 12:25 PM   #716
reishi
reishi began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Digital Paper DPT-S1
Hi all,
I am very new to the forum and to be honest don't understand most of the things people talk about! I am not tech-savvy I am afraid. So, apologies if I sound dumb.

I have a DPT-S1, and when I first got it somehow managed to connect to it to WebDav system (box.com) and had no problems. Haven't used the device for a while, and recently realized there are sync problems. Just read that box.com started to deprecate WebDav. I also read that Sony launched its own app, but if I am not mistaken it is only for the other two versions, and not for S1.

So my questions are:
1) Is it possible to use Sony's app on S1?
2) What other free file hosting service you can recommend to use for WebDav puposes?

Thanks.
reishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 06:42 AM   #717
88%
Enthusiast
88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch88% is clearly one to watch

Device: DPTS1
Quote:
Originally Posted by reishi View Post
Hi all,
I am very new to the forum and to be honest don't understand most of the things people talk about! I am not tech-savvy I am afraid. So, apologies if I sound dumb.

I have a DPT-S1, and when I first got it somehow managed to connect to it to WebDav system (box.com) and had no problems. Haven't used the device for a while, and recently realized there are sync problems. Just read that box.com started to deprecate WebDav. I also read that Sony launched its own app, but if I am not mistaken it is only for the other two versions, and not for S1.

So my questions are:
1) Is it possible to use Sony's app on S1?
2) What other free file hosting service you can recommend to use for WebDav puposes?

Thanks.
Someone who knows better may correct me, but I think you're stuck.

I've never used Sony's app, but my understanding is that it is for transfer only, not syncing to a database. Even if it could work, I don't think it does what you're looking for.

I think if you're not comfortable with technology getting WebDAV syncing would be a pretty crazy task. I'd love to get it working with mine, but I feel I'm going to need to do some serious research to get it up and running, and just can't justify that kind of investment right now.

Hopefully I'm wrong and someone can find you (us?) an easy fix.
88% is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2019, 01:04 PM   #718
mrkapqa
mrkapqa began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1, prs-t3,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpotts View Post
If I sold my DPTS1, what could I realistically get for a well kept one?

What'dya think?

Phil
I am checking Ebay frequently for the Dpt-S1 and in the US it sells for around 250 Dollars upwards, which i find a acceptable price. Mostly it is around 300 Dollar, but in Europe the prices are mostly alot higher due to limited availablitly (it never got released here).

I'd be happy to buy one soon; here in Italy one offering is around 399 Euro for a very good used DPT-RP1 which is around 350 Dollar, so i might aswell get the DPT-RP1 instead;

But from what i understood, the DPT-S1 is still the preferred choice (due to pinch&zoom and overall software + sd-card port).
mrkapqa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2019, 11:27 AM   #719
ghostwheel
Zealot
ghostwheel has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DBoox Max,Galaxy note 10.1 & 3,LE1700 tablet,sony PRS-500,iRex DR1000S
Smile RP1 had a software update

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkapqa View Post
But from what i understood, the DPT-S1 is still the preferred choice (due to pinch&zoom and overall software + sd-card port).
I've never worked with the S1, I have the RP1 (hacked) so I can't really cmpare. The latest software update to the RP1 included pinch-zoom, and PDF table of contents. It also included a very nice "go back" feature allowing you to go back to prev pages. And the pen input is even smoother.
ghostwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 08:44 AM   #720
mrkapqa
mrkapqa began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-t1, prs-t3,
Thanks, ghostwheel, this is interesting.
399 Euro is of course around 450 Dollar, not 350, my bad.
I am still hoping to get a DPT-S1 one day, but maybe there will come in the meantime also a Reader for the European Market?
Really don't see why they are not being sold here through "official" channels.
mrkapqa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crop, croppdf