Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2014, 08:17 PM   #1
HisLittleOne
Enthusiast
HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.HisLittleOne shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: iPad Mini w/retina
Question How To Change Appearance of Calibre

I have two questions that I would like to ask, and I have searched in all the Preferences and cannot find the answer.

1. How do I keep the books appearing with the cover view when Calibre starts? It used to be that way until I reinstalled Calibre. Now it always starts up in a list view and I have to click on the little icon of books on the bottom right of the screen to see the books' covers. How do I keep that as a default view?

2. Is there any way to set Calibre to show the books from the most recently added books instead of alphabetical in the main window?

Thanks for your help
HisLittleOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 08:41 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLittleOne View Post
1. How do I keep the books appearing with the cover view when Calibre starts? It used to be that way until I reinstalled Calibre. Now it always starts up in a list view and I have to click on the little icon of books on the bottom right of the screen to see the books' covers. How do I keep that as a default view?
calibre should always open up with your previous settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisLittleOne View Post
2. Is there any way to set Calibre to show the books from the most recently added books instead of alphabetical in the main window?
Preferences ==> Advanced ==> Tweaks

Set the value of the tweak "Specify columns to sort the booklist by on" to None, and it should use the last sort value. You an override this with a list of values to sort by. I use:
Code:
[('authors', 0), ('series', 0), ('#subseries', 0), ('title', 0)]
You want to use:
Code:
[('date', 1)]
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2014, 10:32 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Calibre normally saves the 'state' of the view in the configuration files.

Things that can confuse this, is launching 2 instances: w32 and w64 as both share the config. Last one closed is the 'state' you will see

All other versions only allow 1 instance to be launched. (Calibre portable has its own config)

Other things that may mess with the save:
Your config folder is in/connected to the cloud. Cloud connected/shadowed folders need to be stopped while calibre is running
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 12:05 AM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@HisLittleOne - as well as the suggestions made by theducks, this optional plug-in ==>> [GUI Plugin] View Manager can be used to control start up sort order, columns shown, their sequence and widths. Its very useful if you have several libraries with differing needs - eg for journals, books and comics libraries.

It can also save multiple views per library.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote