Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 09-13-2014, 04:45 PM   #46
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Re: Sorting by a custom column, a minor point

In 'Select sorts to show in menu', the pick list for custom columns is displayed as Field Label (field name), e.g Pages (#pages). It is helpful (to me) to see both because I don't always remember the exact field name.

If I press the Sort icon I also see Pages (#pages) in the list. All the other sort list items are label-only but, as a nerd, it doesn't really matter to me.

Once Pages (#pages) is selected from the Sort list, the book list shows #pages: 250. Just my opinion, but I think the book list should show field label rather than field name.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 05:14 PM   #47
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Re: Auto-sort when Groups is chosen

Testing so far, I have had this set to None and all the subsequent Grouping & sorting I've done seems to have worked how I expected it to work.

Now I've tried setting it to something other than None and things become less predictable. For example,
  1. I set it to Title. If I tap the top-level Groups, the top line small print says 137 books sorted by Title (ascending) and the book list is indeed sorted by Title (asc). I now tap the sort icon and choose Title and it switches to Title (desc). So far so good. If I choose Sort - Title again it stays as Title (descending). I have to go back to the drawer and tap Groups again to get back to Title (asc)
  2. Again I restart by tapping top-level Groups, giving Title (asc). I now tap the Sort icon and pick a different sort (e.g. #pages) the small print correctly says 137 books sorted by Pages (#pages) (ascending) and the book list is correctly sorted (I think), but it's hard to be sure because the #pages value is not displayed in book list even though Pages (#pages) is checked in Settings for 'Select sorts displayed on book list'. As before, I cannot reverse the #pages sort by selecting again from the Sort menu.

Is this the way it's supposed to work? If so, I'll leave my 'Auto-sort when Groups is chosen' as None.

ETA: Sigh. I didn't realise 3.4.4b was released when I wrote this. I think its fixed in the new version.

Last edited by jackie_w; 09-13-2014 at 08:05 PM. Reason: No longer relevant
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote