Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 01-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #1
dmevis
Enthusiast
dmevis began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Glowlight 3
Goes Back A Page

Occasionally, and for no reason that I can determine, when I hit the right side of my screen to go forward a page, instead, it goes back a page. This behavior is really annoying.

My wife, who has the previous model Nook, says hers occasionally does the same thing.

Is this a known problem or behavior with Nooks? Is there a way to fix this?
dmevis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:13 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmevis View Post
Occasionally, and for no reason that I can determine, when I hit the right side of my screen to go forward a page, instead, it goes back a page. This behavior is really annoying.

My wife, who has the previous model Nook, says hers occasionally does the same thing.

Is this a known problem or behavior with Nooks? Is there a way to fix this?
I haven't noticed on my Plus, but I'll check with my better half as she uses the 3.

Could it be that when you reach over to tap the right side of the screen your finger/thumb slips a little bit? If so, the Nook could be reading that as a swipe left which makes the book page backwards.

Does the page forward button ever cause the book to go back a page?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2019, 11:45 AM   #3
nellie27
Connoisseur
nellie27 doesn't litternellie27 doesn't litter

Device: Galaxy Tab A, Boox Nova Air C
This happens to me, too. My current theory is that my finger makes a tiny right-ward motion (as suggested by ZodWallop) and the Nook thinks I deliberately swiped right. I just use the buttons when that happens. The buttons do work correctly.

I think I said that correctly this time.

Last edited by nellie27; 01-19-2019 at 12:45 PM. Reason: fixed right and left
nellie27 is offline   Reply With Quote