Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 12-27-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
rosemaryknits
rosemaryknits began at the beginning.

Device: paperwhite
Caimh McDonnell - The Dublin Trilogy and other stories and books

I discovered a fantastic author, Caimh McDonnell - his books are set in Dublin, feature some quirky characters, and well, they are just a blast to read. They are mysteries, but fairly light on the gore and suspense, and heavy on the pure fun entertainment. I can't recommend these enough! Many laugh out loud moments! I've also learned a lot about Irish culture - for instance, I never heard of the sport of hurling - but now I know all about it (youtube.com)

Some (all?) of the books feature links to free stories - the link is at the end of the book. I access these links from my phone, but they might work just fine from within a kindle or other e-reader, I'm not sure.

I discovered these books while using a free-for-three-months membership to Kindle Unlimited. Not too many good books on KU, but I promise, these are fantastic.

He also has a podcast which is dedicated to the characters and stories in his books, and it is called The BunnyCast. Very enjoyable.

http://whitehairedirishman.com/books/
rosemaryknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 05:51 AM   #2
Kacetwo
Connoisseur
Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kacetwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-Reader
Book 1 (The man with one of those faces) is free on Kindle from Amazon UK and Amazon.com for 1 week to 'celebrate' it being optioned for TV
Kacetwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert