Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 07-19-2012, 02:05 AM   #1
Ines
Ines began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Unhappy Dead or wounded BEFORE the hack???

I have a brand new reader with the latest firmware. This is what I did:

Tried to do Rupor's rescure, backup & restore procedure before hacking. First I unpacked the archive into the SD card with the card being in the reader (now I know this was not correct). Deleted it and unpacked into the SD on the computer. (Drive G: may have been formatted during the process!!!) Didn't know how to go into recovery mode, tried Boroda's version, the reader would just freeze on "Opening book", so I reset it.

Decided not to mess with it and followed MCSmarties' procedure on rooting. Downloaded the restore set for firmware 1.0.04.12210. Connected the reader (with the SD card in it!!! - wrong?) and ran flash_reader.bat. The reader rebooted and hung at "Opening book...". Still hanging....

Now the computer doesn't see it, it's yellow light is flashing whether it's connected to the computer or not. Reset doesn't help. Left it overnight, the yellow light disappeared. Tried to put on power, it would blink red 3 times. Connected it to the computer, the red light became stable for about 5 minutes, then the yellow light started flashing. "Opening book" is still on the screen.

Can it be rescued or is it dead? Please I need all the help I can get...
Ines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 02:25 PM   #2
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
Blinking red -> battery is down -> needs a charge

After charging, I suggest you to do an SD card recovery: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178263

After that, remove SD card!!

Now you may again try the backup procedure.

When rooting, be sure having removed SD card before!
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #3
Ines
Ines began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Thanks, uboot. It appears that the file you provide for sd recovery cannot be downloaded. At least, that's the message I keep getting on my computer. Maybe, you need to check it.
Ines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #4
uboot
Evangelist
uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.uboot seems famous, but is in fact legendary.

Device: Kobo Mini, Tolino Epos 2
I can download both files without probs.
uboot is offline   Reply With Quote