Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 12-14-2010, 11:26 PM   #1
jjhurd
jjhurd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
convert epub to imp

For many years, I have converted Microsoft Reader lit files to use on my Ebookwise 1150 using the ConvertLit program. But in the last year, I have noticed that some of the newer books that I want to buy (through Fictionwise) are only available in epub format or the secure ereader (which I believe is pdb format). I don't know how to convert these formats to imp files. From what I've read, I need to remove the DRM from the epub files first before trying to convert them to imp. I have downloaded many programs, including the Epub DRM removal software, ABC Amber Palm Converter and more recently, Calibre. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could describe the necessary steps to convert an epub or pdb file to an imp format. Or is it even possible?

Jill
jjhurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Once you remove the DRM, then for:

1) .epub to .imp, see this post

2) .pdb (ereader) to .imp, first convert the .pdb to .html as described here, then use eBook Publisher to convert that .html to .imp as described here. It's a two-step process and may need you to tweak it a bit to make it work.

If you had a unencrypted .pdb (PalmDoc) or .prc/.mobi (Mobipocket) ebooks, then my Mobi2IMP would handle the conversion to .imp. Also, lit2sb does an amazing job converting unencrypted .lit to .imp!

Enjoy!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 12:26 AM   #3
jjhurd
jjhurd began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you, Thank you, Nick, for taking the time to outline the steps and for simplifying this complicated process. I will TRY to follow your directions and see how it goes. Hopefully, I will get the hang of it.

Jill
jjhurd is offline   Reply With Quote