Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-14-2019, 07:31 PM   #376
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The Cellar from Leisure books? Or the original? (Wow, I didn't know The Cellar was published in hardcover. Laymon's work screams paperback original.)
The Original!

ADDED: This is a mass market paperback.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cellar - Richard Laymon - Warner Books - Jan 1980.JPG
Views:	129
Size:	390.1 KB
ID:	169095  

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 01-15-2019 at 07:59 AM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:19 PM   #377
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Shirley Jackson's The Haunting of Hill House is $1.99 at Amazon.

The Netflix adaptation has been on my "must watch" list for a while now.

The old Ray Wise adaptation, The Haunting is worth checking out. Just avoid that Catherin Zeta Jones disaster.
Yep. I picked that baby up.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:20 PM   #378
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
You stole my Thunder LOL

I have this as well 99 cents for HP Lovecraft https://smile.amazon.com/H-P-Lovecra...s=hp+lovecraft

Last edited by HLS; 01-14-2019 at 09:25 PM.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 05:24 AM   #379
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
The old Ray Wise adaptation, The Haunting is worth checking out. Just avoid that Catherin Zeta Jones disaster.
Anything with Catherine Zeta Jones in it can't be a *total* disaster
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 11:23 AM   #380
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
The Original!

ADDED: This is a mass market paperback.
I miss the old painted paperback covers.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 01:17 PM   #381
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's an interesting one: Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero is $2.99 at Amazon.

Quote:
Four washed-up sleuths and a dog reenter the world of the eerie and unnatural in this brilliant, darkly comic homage to the teen detective archetype.
Old 01-16-2019, 02:40 PM   #382
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Dark Days by Brian Evenson (a member here!) is $1.99 at Amazon.

Quote:
Nominated for the Shirley Jackson award and winner of the ALA/RUSA Best Horror novel, Brian Evenson’s Last Days is an intense, profoundly unsettling down-the-rabbit-hole detective noir. Kline is a former detective who’s cool head in the face of a brutal amputation makes him the perfect candidate to infiltrate a dark cult that believes amputation brings one closer to God. Kline is tasked with finding the cult leader’s killer. But to get to the truth, Kline must lose himself—literally—one body part at a time.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:16 AM   #383
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Meat Camp by Scott Nicholson and Chris Deleo is $0.99 at Amazon

Quote:
Bloodthirsty mutants go on a rampage at a camp for troubled teens after an infection spreads.
Yes, it's silly schlock. Only you can decide if that is a plus or a minus. But I have read several of Scott's other books and enjoyed them.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:51 AM   #384
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Reminds me, if anyone has Amazon Prime Video, a vampire comedy worth watching that is free for subscribers.

Old Blood
US
https://www.amazon.com/Old-Blood-Sam.../dp/B07JHM9354
UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Old-Blood-S...dp/B07JK2D5C7/
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 10:01 AM   #385
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Reminds me, if anyone has Amazon Prime Video, a vampire comedy worth watching that is free for subscribers.

Old Blood
US
https://www.amazon.com/Old-Blood-Sam.../dp/B07JHM9354
UK
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Old-Blood-S...dp/B07JK2D5C7/
Thanks for that. I'm surprised to find that Amazon Prime Video tends to have more that interests me than Netflix does. Amazon tends to have older things, which is a plus to me.
Old 01-22-2019, 10:47 AM   #386
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

A freebie on Amazon, Colony of the Lost by Derik Cavignano at Amazon.

I'd think twice about posting a self published freebie, but I have a soft spot for 'lost colonies' and the reviews are good. It's guaranteed to at least be worth what I paid for it.

Quote:
When the children of Glenwood begin vanishing one by one, baffling local and federal authorities alike, the idyllic New England suburb becomes anything but a utopia.

Built upon the ruins of a lost colony, Glenwood harbors a long-forgotten secret, and when three strangers are lured into the midnight woods by the phantom of a Puritan boy, they discover the truth of the town’s dark past and must face a vision of its bloody future.

Together, this unlikely trio—Jay, an alcoholic school teacher, Tim, a wise-cracking new kid in town, and Sarah, a nine-year-old with a handful of imaginary friends—must find a way to rescue the town from a terrifying supernatural force to prevent history from repeating itself.
Old 01-22-2019, 01:09 PM   #387
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^ Got it.

Thank you!
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2019, 06:20 AM   #388
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for that. I'm surprised to find that Amazon Prime Video tends to have more that interests me than Netflix does. Amazon tends to have older things, which is a plus to me.
Netflix stopped doing indie films and has got fairly boring as a result. Amazon is offering far more variety!
Old 01-25-2019, 06:21 AM   #389
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper

Quote:
A freebie on Amazon, Colony of the Lost by Derik Cavignano at Amazon.

I'd think twice about posting a self published freebie, but I have a soft spot for 'lost colonies' and the reviews are good. It's guaranteed to at least be worth what I paid for it.
I, for one, am happy to hear about free books regardless of publisher status. I find wonderful books from indies. Just have to wade through the slush.
Old 01-25-2019, 04:26 PM   #390
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Craven Manor by Darcy Coates is $0.99 on Amazon US for the next few days or so. She marked it down in preparation for it being a February monthly read in the Goodreads Horror Aficionados group.

https://www.amazon.com/Craven-Manor-...dp/B0787KW4KY/

It was my first read of 2019, and I quite enjoyed it. I don't know what the regular price is, as I read it through KU, and it's not showing me what the regular Kindle price is.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote