Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-02-2019, 11:13 AM   #1
kegegk
kegegk began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505 ; Kindle Oasis 7"
How view a real book name on device

I changed the "title" book to output to the device (+ series). On the device, it is recorded and displayed correctly (==modified). However, on the Calibre device screen, it displayed unchanged (as in the Main library).

How from Calibre see the real name of the book, located on the device?

---
WIN7 v 6.1.7601 x64 (рус)
Calibre 3.36 (64 bit)
kegegk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:38 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Kindles use Metadata for their display. You probably used the Plugboard to achieve that.
I thint that if you Put the same, template into the device manager (when connected), that will work.. ( to be honest, I never payed attention )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 09:26 AM   #3
kegegk

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You probably used the Plugboard to achieve that.
Yes you're right I used Plugboard. (see Plugboard.JPG)

Quote:
I think that if you Put the same, template into the device manager (when connected), that will work..
If I understand correctly, Device Manager is called: Device--Configure this device
Then I need to choose the desired format, let mobi. (see config_dev.JPG)

What's next?
The only suitable input field = Save template, but it looks somehow doubtful...

And if so, what expression should I make?
In my plugboard two lines......
{series}{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title_sort} == > title
{series}{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title} == > title_sort

---
Thanks for the tips

WIN7 v 6.1.7601 x64 (рус)
Calibre 3.36 (64 bit)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Plugboard.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	234.9 KB
ID:	168828   Click image for larger version

Name:	config_dev.JPG
Views:	79
Size:	305.7 KB
ID:	168829  
Old 01-04-2019, 03:56 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You put everything in the template you want the FILENAME to read (but not the extension part)
eg.
Code:
{series}{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title_sort}
Old 01-09-2019, 08:57 AM   #5
kegegk

Quote:
You put everything in the template you want the FILENAME to read (but not the extension part)
eg.
Code:
{series}{series_index:0>2s|| - }{title_sort}
--

Thanks for the tips...
Unfortunately, this attempt was unsuccessful (see picture D_sav_t)
---
It appears that this field (save template) is responsible for representing the name of the file to be written to the file system on the e-book, rather than displaying the name from the e-book in Calibre.

See picture F_sav_t:
1) save template == {series}{series_index:0>2s||-}{title}
XR01-NAVIGATOR.mobi

2) save template == {author_sort}{series:|-|}{series_index:0>2s}={title}
Sierra_XR-XR01=NAVIGATOR.mobi

On Device( e-book ) See picture dev:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D_sav_t.JPG
Views:	64
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	168957   Click image for larger version

Name:	F_sav_t.JPG
Views:	72
Size:	335.2 KB
ID:	168958   Click image for larger version

Name:	dev.JPG
Views:	78
Size:	224.5 KB
ID:	168959  
Old 01-09-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

I think you are comparing Apples (the metadata view) and Oranges (the file system view)
The Plugboard manipulates the Metadata (as much as allowed by the device)
The Device driver manipulates the metadata as shown on the device and Calibres device view.

the way I resolve device duplicates, is look at the timestamp column after updating the device with the desired version
Old 01-09-2019, 02:31 PM   #7
kegegk

Quote:
I think you are comparing Apples (the metadata view) and Oranges (the file system view)
The Plugboard manipulates the Metadata (as much as allowed by the device)
The Device driver manipulates the metadata as shown on the device and Calibres device view.

the way I resolve device duplicates, is look at the timestamp column after updating the device with the desired version
Yes, we just found out that the option Save template is responsible for the names of the "Oranges" (== in the e-book file system).

However, I am still interested in the problem raised in the first letter - How view a real book name on device.

But I probably didn't quite correctly formulate my question.
In other words, my problem is:
See on Calibre device screen (say, as an extra column) the identical name of the book, that I see in the contents of my e-book.

--
The reason for this need I can explain, if interesting..
Old 01-09-2019, 06:10 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Delete the metadata.calibre file on the device then start calibre, it will now show the metadata from inside the books, but note that doing this means the asociation with books in the calibre library will be lost.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 08:19 AM   #9
kegegk

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Delete the metadata.calibre file on the device then start calibre, it will now show the metadata from inside the books, but note that doing this means the asociation with books in the calibre library will be lost.
Thank you very much for the informative answer!
----
It seems with your help, I found a way to solve the problem of meaningful removal of books from e-book using Calibre:
-Copy metadata.calibre from e-book
-Remove metadata.calibre from e-book
-Connect e-book to Calibre
-Delete read books from e-book using Calibre device screen
-Disconnect e-book from Calibre
-Return metadata.calibre to the e-book from the saved copy
-Connect e-book to Calibre
-Update metadata.calibre on e-book

== WIN! (+ asociation with books in the calibre library will be not lost)

A little troublesome, but meaningful

Tags
view on device