Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 02-08-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
tippy1
tippy1 began at the beginning.

Device: interead cool-er
puzzled newbie

ive recently bought the interead cooler and am pretty chuffed with it. ive been fiddling around(never a good move where im concerned lol) and i appear to have got a one inch margin top bottom and sides so when i have the txt larger i end up with literally a few words on the page! what have i done? how can i view full screen? can i get it to open on my last page as soon as it turns on or do i have to have the grey shades etc first?
thanks for any help
sue
tippy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 02:28 AM   #2
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
I think the margin is always there, the size may depend on what you're viewing (PDF or txt for example).

Full screen should be the smallest possible text size.

It should open the last page of the book you last read. Unless you connected it to the PC or closed that book.

Not sure what you mean with grey shades? Full screen of them, each an inch in height, from rather bright to dark?
That would be part of the startup routines. Inevitable unfortunately.

(Also, it is an indication that you've got old firmware, so you might want to *think* about updating it. There are threads about that. Be careful if you decide to update, the update replaces the current system, so if it goes wrong you might end up with a paperweight. Not likely, IMO, but it's better to warn before.)
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 05:47 AM   #3
tippy1
tippy1 began at the beginning.

Device: interead cool-er
Red face

hiya many thanks for your reply im viewing an epub at the mo and in quite large text i have read the thread about updating firmware via an sd card and will let hubby have a go as he is more up to speed than me
sue
tippy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 04:42 AM   #4
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
grey lines

Yes the grey lines are part of the start up process. Its kinda like when you turn on your computer.

It should automatically open to your last ebook once that grey lines screen goes away.

PDF's can resize REALLY funny onto just about any of the ereaders, cool-ers are not exception.

Try for epub format, they usually work out very well. If its one you have to convert .lit format usually converts very nicely into epub format.

I hope you enjoy your new Cool-er!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote