Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-12-2023, 01:47 PM   #1
ctjayhawker
ctjayhawker began at the beginning.

Device: none
Comic conversion image size

Hi, All!
I convert a fair number of comics from CBR/CBZ either to epub directly, or with an intermediate PDF for editing purposes. Regardless of the precise route, the final epub, when viewed on my tablet, always displays as a much-reduced image, occupying maybe a third to half the screen area (by percentage).I have to double-tap it to blow it up to fill the screen, which fuzzes it up slightly, and then I have to use my Back command to go BACK to the smaller image, from which I can swipe to the next page and do it all again. I've futzed with every setting that looks like it might have any effect, to no avail. Am I missing something, or is this just the way it is?

Thanks!
ctjayhawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 07:46 PM   #2
Foozle
Connoisseur
Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Foozle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Use Kindle Comic Converter
Foozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2023, 08:47 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
tablets have dedicated comic viewing programs that can handle cbz directly with much better support, use those.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 09:49 AM   #4
ctjayhawker

So no Calibre options, eh? I'll probably keep going the way I am, then. I'm not sideloading these, but sending them to my Amazon account and reading on my Kindle app. probably should have included that the first time around. :-\
Old 05-13-2023, 09:54 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctjayhawker View Post
So no Calibre options, eh? I'll probably keep going the way I am, then. I'm not sideloading these, but sending them to my Amazon account and reading on my Kindle app. probably should have included that the first time around. :-\
Crazy. Install a suitable app and use USB.
Apart from the fact that Amazon does an opaque conversion it's ecological waste of energy (Internet twice and Data centre conversion and storage).

The only thing worth viewing / reading in a Kindle App is ebooks bought from Amazon, or maybe reading Kindle Unlimited Borrows.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2023, 11:55 AM   #6
ctjayhawker

Well, for me, part of the reason I do it the way I do it is so it's accessible from anywhere I've got signal and I'm not eating up physical storage space of my own; let Amazon do the heavy lifting on that.