Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 05-25-2023, 06:52 AM   #8446
jherazob
jherazob began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablet
Quick doubt: Have started using flaresolverr to deal with the FF.net issues (it works!), and now the updated fanfics have lost their cover. Is this a limitation of the chain of stuff needed to be able to use this? Or something I'm doing wrong?
jherazob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 11:12 AM   #8447
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Unfortunately, Flaresolverr doesn't work with image downloads.

I wouldn't expect existing covers to be lost on update, they aren't with default settings. But cover images are a bit complicated--there's a whole wiki page about it.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2023, 11:17 AM   #8448
jherazob

I see they plan on possibly returning the images option, will keep an eye on that bug report. Still lost the cover of a fanfic so i imagine i did something wrong there. Thankfully making it again should be no issue.
Old 05-25-2023, 11:23 AM   #8449
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can drag and drop an image from browser onto the cover spot in Calibre. Depending on how you use Calibre, you may also need to Polish the cover into the ebook file(s).
Old 05-25-2023, 11:34 AM   #8450
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
After Calibre added the extra data folder, I've taken to putting a copy of the downloaded cover in it for backup.

@JimmXinu - Would it be possible to automatically do this for a new download? Probably not worth the effort.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2023, 08:13 PM   #8451
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
A FanFiction.net story updated twice in the span of a day or so.

The second time I went to update it, I forgot to re-open chapter 1 and the update didn't work because the old version was still there.

Easily resolved, but would it make sense to have open_pages_in_browser always re-load chapter 1? (Or an alternative option, always_open_first_chapter:true.)
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 08:22 PM   #8452
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

browser_cache_age_limit is set to 4.0 hours by default. If it's a frequent problem with your authors, you can set it shorter.

But no, I don't think that's a common enough problem for new code.
Old 05-27-2023, 05:55 PM   #8453
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2023-05-27
- Fix wuxiaworld.xyz specific setting section
- Fix force_cover_image when already in story
- AO3: Apparently minor change to chapter end note HTML. #956

I found that force_cover_image wouldn't work if you were trying to use an image that was already in story.

That seems like something somebody probably tried to report and I didn't understand--sorry if that happened.

I also added more debug output to report where a cover does (or does not(and why)) come from for better troubleshooting.

Last edited by JimmXinu; 05-27-2023 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Added AO3 change
Old 05-30-2023, 08:50 AM   #8454
kamille3
Enthusiast
kamille3 began at the beginning.

Device: None
FFF does not download chapter 18 and 19 for this literotica series. I used html format and FFF downloaded 4 chapters from the original series and 17 chapters from the re-write series for a total of 21 chapters instead of actual 23. What's the issue here?
  • /s/the-family-mansion-rewrite-pt-18
  • /s/the-family-mansion-rewrite-pt-19
kamille3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2023, 10:13 AM   #8455
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

The way literotica groups chapters into stories is... not optimal for our purposes.

In this particular case, the-family-mansion-rewrite-pt-1 thru 17 are listed as part of two stories, The Family Mansion: 21 Part Series and The Family Mansion Rewrite: 19 Part Series.

To oversimplify a bit, FFF finds the first story, but doesn't see the second story because it contains the same chapter URLs.

I don't read literotica, I didn't write the adapter for it, so I don't have a large basis of knowledge on it. What I do know does not suggest any way FFF could work around this issue.

tl;dr: Site is weird, I don't think I can fix that.
Old 06-01-2023, 08:57 AM   #8456
kevn57
Connoisseur
kevn57 began at the beginning.

Device: Moonreader+
Is there a setting to exclude Author Notes when I'm downloading from Royal Road or does anyone know of a regex formula I could use to remove them in the editor manually?
kevn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 09:16 AM   #8457
jherazob

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevn57 View Post
Is there a setting to exclude Author Notes when I'm downloading from Royal Road or does anyone know of a regex formula I could use to remove them in the editor manually?
On your personal INI add this:
Code:
    [royalroad.com]
    include_author_notes:false
    exclude_notes:authorheadnotes,chaptersummary,chapterheadnotes,chapterfootnotes,authorfootnotes,inspiredlinks,authornotes,author_notes
(Source, found this while looking for something else some weeks ago, still in browser history)
Old 06-01-2023, 10:00 AM   #8458
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Actually, for royalroad it's just include_author_notes:false

exclude_notes only works under archiveofourown and scribblehub.
Old 06-01-2023, 11:41 AM   #8459
kevn57
Connoisseur
kevn57 began at the beginning.

Device: Moonreader+
Thank you both for the reply!
kevn57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 09:49 AM   #8460
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 4.24.0 - 2023-06-02
- Fix wuxiaworld.xyz specific setting section
- Fix force_cover_image when already in story
- AO3: Apparently minor change to chapter end note HTML. #956
- wuxiaworld.co -> wuxiaworld.xyz changes most data collection #953
- Fix Update Always metadata in BG logic
- fix_relative_text_links: Keep #anchor links if target also in chapter. See #952
- Add order_chapters_by_date option for literotica.com, used to be hard coded.
- Add force_update_epub_always option to update when EPUB has more chapters than source. See #950 #949 #942.

Tags
fanfiction