Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 05-04-2018, 06:31 PM   #1
net-buoy
Enthusiast
net-buoy began at the beginning.

Device: none
Annotation anchors

It is easy enough, I suppose to add an chors to an additional file and then link to the anchor in that file, but in as much as Calibre will do paragraph numbering, is there a way to edit an epub in calibre where the html includes the paragraph references so that they could be used as anchors?
net-buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:46 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I'm not sure I understand what you are asking, can you elaborate?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2018, 01:26 AM   #3
net-buoy
Enthusiast
net-buoy began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have been teaching students how to do notes for their reading material by adding an notes.html file in Editor, with anchors
Code:
 <a name="fn4">4.</a>
or
Code:
 <a id="fn4">4.</a>
and then inserting a link to that file and tag
Code:
 <a href="notes.html#fn4">text to be annotated</a>
That makes references to the note file easy enough.

But, if one want to link from an annotation file to the text, one would have to put anchors in the text. However, putting calibre in reference mode ostensibly creates paragraph anchors. These anchors seem to be "run time" only in that they are not present when one edits the book. So my question is whether there might be some way to use the reference feature to provide html anchor tags in the actual text, thereby avoiding have to add anchors?
net-buoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 03:40 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No I'm afraid not. Reference mode is purely runtime (the labels you see there are calculated on the fly and can change when the book is edited.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote