Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 06:49 PM   #16
jeromedevine
Zealot
jeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litterjeromedevine doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 3G Graphite, Sony PRS-505
Are you sure the 24 Hrs mode works? I tried to make it work but it is still at 12:48AM.

Do you have to press something or change a setting somewhere to make it work to make it 24Hrs (I have 3.1 installed with Yifan Lu jailbreak)
jeromedevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 07:32 PM   #17
NIXin
NIXin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsmid View Post
If anybody's interested, I've implemented the double-keypress timeout feature. Linked archive contains Czech/Slovak keyboard layout as displayed below.
Now Kindle is able to tell single-keypress from double-keypress and generate different character for both.
That's what works the best for me.
Hi Sir Alex and dsmid - great stuff, thanks!
Attaching a polish script. (rename to keyboard_european.txt to work)
Just a quick idea - wouldn't it be better to do a long press instead of double pressing a character?
With this idea, long pressing the dot would be great for comma, for example.

Cheers
Attached Files
File Type: txt keyboard_polish.txt (124 Bytes, 688 views)
NIXin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2011, 11:32 AM   #18
NIXin

A bug I found - the european mode does not work in the Web Browser :-(
Old 03-08-2011, 12:51 PM   #19
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
NIXin, if you open [SYM] menu it doesn't work too?
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 10:34 AM   #20
NIXin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Alex View Post
NIXin, if you open [SYM] menu it doesn't work too?
I haven't tried SYM in the web browser yet (I will), but I believe that will work. It's just the european mode, so replacing, say, 'oO' with 'ó'.
Advert
Old 04-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #21
socialcompu
socialcompu began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Doesn't work with notepad kindle app. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125928
socialcompu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2011, 02:32 AM   #22
proDOOMman
Enthusiast
proDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheeseproDOOMman can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by socialcompu View Post
Doesn't work with notepad kindle app. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=125928
You can use KindleNote instead it
proDOOMman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:13 PM   #23
akleiw
akleiw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.0
Sir Alex,
thanks for the update to 3.3! The only thing that doesn't seem to work is 24h time format. Is there some setting in config.txt that must be set to make this work?

Thanks.
akleiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:26 PM   #24
hzsolt
hzsolt began at the beginning.

Arrow Newer version

Hi all!

There is a newer version for this hack, which can be found on Sir Alex's site.
I upload it here, to be easy to download.

It's compatible with Kindle 3.3 and it implements the timeout feature, and works even better for me.

(I haven't done anything with this hack! It's just copyed here from the original russian website.)
Attached Files
File Type: zip update_physkeyb_0.08.zip (26.2 KB, 539 views)
hzsolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #25
akleiw
akleiw began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4.1.0
@hzsolt Does the 24 hour time format work for you after applying this hack?
akleiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:53 AM   #26
hzsolt
hzsolt began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akleiw View Post
No, I think that function was removed due to better compatibility.
It has even no entry in the config file, but I dont mind it.
hzsolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 06:55 AM   #27
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by akleiw View Post
Physical Keyboard hack - never supports 24h format.
It's done in Localization hack (loc_ru, loc_de, loc_es... etc) or Virtual keyboard localization hack (keybru)
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 06:28 AM   #28
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
Does the hack work for the kindle 4 (non-touch)?
I'd be interested in adding greek characters to the virtual keyboard.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #29
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
While I can't say anything about the hack itself - i.e. whether its function principles still apply - the answer for now would be "no" anyway: There's no jailbreak yet.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 07:29 AM   #30
Mixx
Zealot
Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Mixx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Need help to install

Hi,

I am in need of a bit of help to get this hack installed. It is failing upon installation with code U007.

I am not certain, whether jailbreak was successful, either. I am firmware 3.3 with a European (B00A) WIFI+3G Kindle 3. I tried to apply jailbreak version 0.10.N.k3gb, which failed with code U004. But I read elsewhere that this is normal.

After reboot, I tried to install update_physkeyb_0.08_k3gb_install.bin, which failed with U007.

Can somebody enlighten me what I am doing wrong?

Thanxx, Mixx
Mixx is offline   Reply With Quote