Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 08-09-2007, 02:12 PM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Dickens, Charles: David Copperfield (Illustrated). v5. 4 Oct 2009

"David Copperfield", by Charles Dickens, with 38 original illustrations by "Phiz".

Synopsis from Amazon:

This is the novel Dickens regarded as his 'favourite child' and is considered his most autobiographical. As David recounts his experience from childhood to the discovery of his vocation as a successful novelist, Dickens draws openly and revealingly on his own life. Among the gloriously vivid cast of characters are Rosa Dartle, Dora, Steerforth, and the 'umble Uriah Heep, along with Mr Micawber, a portrait of Dickens's own father which evokes the mixture of love, nostalgia and guilt.

As well as adding the illustrations to the PG text, I've spent a great deal of time with this book, going through it and restoring the formatting to that of a printed version (the "Oxford Illustrated Dickens" version). The results are, I think, quite pleasing.

EDIT: 12 Dec 2007

Improved the formatted, restored dashes, etc. Uploaded v2.

EDIT: 24 Dec 2007

Converted words in capitals to italics, as appropriate, to match the printed version. Created a proper MobiPocket version with large images, working table of contents, etc. Uploaded v3.

EDIT: 16 Mar 08

Created a completely new version to solve a problem with incorrect paragraph breaks. Uploaded v4.

EDIT: 4 Oct 09

Thoroughly proof-read against the "Oxford Illustrated Dickens". Many hundreds of errors corrected - textual errors, incorrect paragraph breaks, missing italics and accents, etc. The book is now in a pretty good state. Uploaded v5.

Previous download count: 672
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc David Copperfield.prc (2.88 MB, 2182 views)

Last edited by HarryT; 10-04-2009 at 06:04 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:29 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Uploaded v2 with improved layout and formatting.
Old 12-24-2007, 06:23 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Converted words in capitals to italics, as appropriate, to match the printed version. Created a proper MobiPocket version with large images, working table of contents, etc. Uploaded v3.
Old 03-16-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Created a completely new version to solve a problem with incorrect paragraph breaks. Uploaded v4.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
rpresser
rpresser has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Ebookwise1150, Treo 600
Thank you for this!!
rpresser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 06:04 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thoroughly proof-read against the "Oxford Illustrated Dickens". Many hundreds of errors corrected - textual errors, incorrect paragraph breaks, missing italics and accents, etc. The book is now in a pretty good state. Uploaded v5.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:10 AM   #7
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Have tried to download this file twice using my very dependable (and still apparently well functioning) high-speed internet connection, and after 20 minutes or so each time the download ceases and I get a report that something's wrong with the "source" file. Is there something wrong here? I really don't think it's at my internet and computer end of things.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 02:07 AM   #8
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascherjim View Post
Have tried to download this file twice using my very dependable (and still apparently well functioning) high-speed internet connection, and after 20 minutes or so each time the download ceases and I get a report that something's wrong with the "source" file. Is there something wrong here? I really don't think it's at my internet and computer end of things.
I don't use this format, but I downloaded in 8 seconds to my desktop. File came as 2.87MB complete.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:23 AM   #9
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I don't use this format, but I downloaded in 8 seconds to my desktop. File came as 2.87MB complete.
I just tried it again this morning (12 hours later) after receiving your encouraging message -- and it downloaded in seemingly even fewer seconds than you experienced! Something of a mystery to me, but thanks for your trying it yourself and letting me know.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

The site was undergoing a "denial of service" attack yesterday which made it very slow and unresponsive. That was the most likely reason for the problem.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:04 PM   #11
teriz
teriz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Thanks! One of my favorite books.
teriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 06:32 PM   #12
lyric
Enthusiast
lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lyric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
An updated version (version 6) for those of you who like properly formatted Kindle chapter markers. :-)

Release notes - this version has two TOCs, one at the back of the book (which generates the chapter markers and linked to by the Kindle) and one at the beginning of the book. It would be an improvement to only have a single TOC, but the current versions of Calibre doesn't make this easy to do. If someone has time to follow this tip though, they would probably do the trick.

As it stands, this is still a very nice version for Kindle users though.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: mobi David Copperfield - Dickens_ Charles.mobi (3.23 MB, 573 views)
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote