Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #1
alexvallette
alexvallette began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/ipad
iBooks emulator

Hi,

I'm designing a test ePub and work in an incremental way (modification / check / etc..)

To check my ePub I sync it on my iPad and it's quite long as iTunes syncronizes a lot of things in addition of just my book.

Is there an iBooks emulator that I could run directly on my PC and that could save me time?

Another questions, do you know if there are functional differences between iBooks on iPhone and iBooks on iPad?
For example I tried to run the ePub from Liza Daly (http://blog.threepress.org/2010/06/2...ity-in-ibooks/) on my iPhone and pop ups do not work....
alexvallette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #2
thianliongpatpoh
Zealot
thianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litterthianliongpatpoh doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Why? Adobe digital editions. Sony reader.
thianliongpatpoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 08:31 AM   #3
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
If you set the iPad to manually manage content, you can drag the book directly onto the iPad in iTunes, without having to add it to your iTunes library and then sync.
murraypaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by thianliongpatpoh View Post
Why? Adobe digital editions. Sony reader.
Neither of those solutions will necessarily match how iBooks will display ePubs, sadly.

And, no-no iBooks emulator yet. The SDK doesn't even have one.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvallette View Post
For example I tried to run the ePub from Liza Daly (http://blog.threepress.org/2010/06/2...ity-in-ibooks/) on my iPhone and pop ups do not work....
On the iPad, that javascript accesses the iPad's "popover" display-I don't think iBooks has implemented that in the iPhone version-for example, on the iPad, the dictionary also uses popovers to show definitions-the iPhone uses a screen transition and shows the definition on a separate page.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 AM   #6
alexvallette
alexvallette began at the beginning.

Device: iphone/ipad
Thanks all for your answers.

And once again I found something more than intersting at Threepress (I love these guys !!) :

http://blog.threepress.org/2010/08/1...ooks/#comments
alexvallette is offline   Reply With Quote