Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 06-10-2005, 09:24 AM   #1
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!
Techick began at the beginning.

Device: NX80 and Treo 650
HELP, details to follow.......:)

Ok, blessings on anyone who can help me find some dummy-proof way to convert Word docs and PDF to a standard Palm Doc!!!!

I have searched the forums here and found a few ways, some are too complex and some only convert to a format for a specific reader, so can anyone please help me find a way to do the above???!!!

Did I mention [SIZE=10]PLEASE[/SIZE]
Techick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2005, 10:29 AM   #2
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm not too sure about PDF, but there have been posts in the past that link to freeware PDF converters (you can also do a search at sourceforge).

In my old palm days, if I wanted to create a palm doc from a word file (or any other text /etc file), I'd just save it as text or copy it to the clipboard, then paste it into a great freeware palm doc editor called Big Doc, which let you save the file as a doc pdb which could then be hotsynced to the palm.

That was about as easy as I could make it without resorting to proprietary formats like isilo, etc. Mind you, these days my ipaq can read _anything_.....

If you need links to any of the above (or even a copy of Big Doc, I have it on a CD here somewhere), PM me. I hope this helps a little...

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2005, 11:43 AM   #3
Techick
insane for MORE TOYS!
Techick began at the beginning.

Device: NX80 and Treo 650
Thanks, I'll google for that!
Techick is offline   Reply With Quote