Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-25-2009, 06:23 PM   #16
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
245 recipes.
Oh hell yes. I'm on that like, well, me on girl scout cookies.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 06:32 PM   #17
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
hey dont knock cooking mama, my girlfriend loves it... or is that diner dash, or that silly one with the cakes....

eh i dont know. they are all pretty bad.... though addicting.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #18
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
hey dont knock cooking mama, my girlfriend loves it... or is that diner dash, or that silly one with the cakes....

eh i dont know. they are all pretty bad.... though addicting.
Oh I love cooking mama. I was just trying to distinguish cooking games.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #19
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I think there are laws against that in most states.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 04:53 AM   #20
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
brings to mind the nursery rhyme, what are little boys and girls made of .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2009, 05:23 AM   #21
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hmm, I got my laptop (or rather, my work laptop), my pc, my PDA and my work phone all ready to read books on. But I didn't think about installing MobiPocket on the mediacenter PC!
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 01:11 PM   #22
Over
Wizard
Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Over ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2", OnePlus 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
Battery life drops significantly as the backlight and sound are increased. That's why I usually leave my DSL at the lowest possible setting. (which is fine for playing indoors with the curtains closed)

Also consider that, even when combined, screen area is a lot smaller than is typical for dedicated ebook devices.
Sure, that's why I mentioned the other features that consume much more than an e-ink screen.

People notice a significative difference in battery use when they use frequently the touch screen. So there's something about its technology that isn't as well done as with the NDS. NDS has smaller screens, but those are LCD, color, backlighted and you have the sound too!

Is the NDS' touch screen technology exclusive to Nintendo? Maybe patented to it?
Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 02:15 PM   #23
Dylrob
Murderous Mustela
Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dylrob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad M1 Pro, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Is the NDS' touch screen technology exclusive to Nintendo? Maybe patented to it?
Only one of those screens is touch. And it uses the standard resistive membrane, which I think is actually lower resolution than the screen under it.
Dylrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #24
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over View Post
Sure, that's why I mentioned the other features that consume much more than an e-ink screen.

People notice a significative difference in battery use when they use frequently the touch screen. So there's something about its technology that isn't as well done as with the NDS. NDS has smaller screens, but those are LCD, color, backlighted and you have the sound too!

nds has a real slow processer, those screens are really low resolution, the back lights are reasonably bright.

thats the thing that drains the battery, the light. the touch screen isnt a power hog.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:04 PM   #25
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
My MP3 Player (Iaudio X5, its Old, but it was better than Ipods at the time)
I love my X5L. It may be old, but I still can't find anything out there that I prefer. I've put Rockbox on mine, and it does exactly what I ask of it, with great battery life.

I had a look last month to see if there was a new digital audio device that I liked and my conclusion was that there isn't anything significantly better. Certainly nothing jumped out at me

I'll probably replace the hard drive and the battery (although it's still going strong), and never buy another one.

I'm guessing that my next electronic book reader will also be the digital audio player, and possibly even my phone. But since the Cybook is (nearly) everything I want then I don't mind if that's years away. If folder support ever does arrive on the Cybook then there's not really much else I could ask for.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 12:39 AM   #26
Andybaby
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halk View Post
I love my X5L. It may be old, but I still can't find anything out there that I prefer. I've put Rockbox on mine, and it does exactly what I ask of it, with great battery life.

I had a look last month to see if there was a new digital audio device that I liked and my conclusion was that there isn't anything significantly better. Certainly nothing jumped out at me

I'll probably replace the hard drive and the battery (although it's still going strong), and never buy another one.

I'm guessing that my next electronic book reader will also be the digital audio player, and possibly even my phone. But since the Cybook is (nearly) everything I want then I don't mind if that's years away. If folder support ever does arrive on the Cybook then there's not really much else I could ask for.
for playing music, it is Great thats for sure. though my battery sucks now. the X5L i heard had over 30 hours. Mine is lucky with 3 now. though i dong use it that much anyway.

for anything more than that the Ipod classic really is the best mp3 player. it took years to give in.

and after playing with an Ipod touch, Itouchs really are the future, I hope Android Spreads far on this type of device, and get me out of the OSX conglomerate.... I will never buy an MP3 player again. I dong mind the small system memory anymore.
Old 01-28-2009, 03:29 PM   #27
Halk
Fanatic
Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Halk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 (PRS+ alpha - thanks Kartu!)
The battery can be replaced relatively easily in your X5. I can't give you a link (didn't keep notes) but a quick search on the net should provide one.

The iPod has pretty much defined things for MP3 players, although the Zune has a few innovations.

Ipods can use Rockbox which is an open source replacement for the Apple software and firmware. Rockbox is great.
Halk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 09:09 PM   #28
Andybaby
Wizard

I installed rockbox, but it always seemed to suffer from the battery bug. Not sure if the new versions have solved it. doesnt really matter anyway. I use it less than Once a month.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:45 PM   #29
Dedale
Guest Star
Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.Dedale knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-700, Nook STR
Rockbox is really ugly... Am I the only one to think that ?
Dedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 12:43 AM   #30
Andybaby
Wizard

its got different skins, as well as the ability to customize you own.