Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-14-2004, 04:56 PM   #1
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Thunderbird 0.8 (RSS support)

Just noticed that Thunderbird 0.8 was released today.

Being such a huge TB fan, I tried it out immediately. I must say that it's nice to see RSS (and Atom) integration. TB's functionality is of course not in the same league as NewsGator, but if you don't use Outlook then you can't use that anyway.

I prefer a dedicated RSS reader myself, but I can see the appeal of being able to view everything from within a generic "news" client. "News" being your e-mail, UseNet newsgroups and RSS feeds. I hope the TB team follow through with the RSS support and improve upon it, they might just win me over.

Anyway, just wanted to share.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2004, 05:22 PM   #2
ignatz
mechanoholic
ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ignatz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR/iPhone 4S/EVO 4G
They've also released a preview release of Firefox 1.0. One of the goodies in this release is RSS enabled bookmarks!

From the release notes:
Quote:
Live Bookmarks

You can now subscribe to and read RSS feeds in your Bookmarks. When you visit a page that advertises a RSS feed by using a tag, a RSS icon will appear in the status bar. Click it to view a list of feeds the page is offering. Click one to subscribe - this adds a Bookmark Folder that contains all the recent posts from the feed.
I have not downloaded this release yet. I also like a dedicated reader, and have been using FeedDemon for that... Still, it does make it look like Mozilla is moving quickly into the RSS world. Perhaps they'll come out with a standalone reader of their own??
ignatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-15-2004, 02:59 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I tried the Firefox 1.0 preview as well. At startup it complained about the All-in-One Gestures extension not being compatible yet and disabled it. I can't live without mouse gestures so I went back to 0.9.3.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:39 AM   #4
stobs
Connoisseur
stobs is on a distinguished road

Device: nook
mouse gestures extension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
I tried the Firefox 1.0 preview as well. At startup it complained about the All-in-One Gestures extension not being compatible yet and disabled it. I can't live without mouse gestures so I went back to 0.9.3.
you can download some mouse gestures extension here:
https://update.mozilla.org/extension...info.php?id=39

-S.
stobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 07:09 PM   #5
cbarnett
MR prodigal son
cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cbarnett ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I'm still running 0.9.1.... I better upgrade.

Craig.
cbarnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2004, 02:59 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
A good place to find inofficial extensions, many of them updated for V1.0 PR, is here:

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=776

All-in-One Gestures for V1.0 PR is also available there.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote