Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #676
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
So, it arrived, and so did the cover, and I have to say I am very pleased. Got the pink version simply because it seemed to be the one suffering less from screen issues, and so far the screen looks fine, or rather, the light has no "bright spots".

True, just before writing I did put the Aura under a bright light, and I can see the "scratches" on about to top inch of the screen if I keep the device at a certain angle to the light, but had I not tried it udner a brigth artificial light I would never have known. Indeed, turning the light on ameliorates the problem, so I don't think I will return it.

Happy bunny with my new toy! When reading in the dark I can see it would be nice to have the night mode on, but with the lack of an internal SD card, I don't think I'll mess about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by joymreyes View Post
About the missing "articles from pocket" on the library menu, it is an existing conflict with the japan version. Here is a website which can help - http://techlogbook.wordpress.com/201...-in-kobo-aura/
Thanks joymreyes, it has been noted here as well :-)
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 04:23 AM   #677
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
Happy bunny with my new toy! When reading in the dark I can see it would be nice to have the night mode on, but with the lack of an internal SD card, I don't think I'll mess about...
I hope you'll have fun with your first lighted ereader The light is a real game changer in my opinion.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2014, 06:29 AM   #678
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I hope you'll have fun with your first lighted ereader The light is a real game changer in my opinion.
absolutely!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #679
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Mine should arrive today....here.

Downgraded to 3.1.1 and applied patch to allow advanced options to work with side loaded font. So all my lighted Kobo's are exactly the same in that respect.

Initial comparison...

The text on the Aura HD is significantly sharper.

Between the black Glo and the Aura....the text on the Glo is sharper.

I have to put an identical story on it to compare to my white Glo. (Yes the screens on my black and white are different). Ok, close, but hard to say. I think the text on the Glo is a little sharper, but the screen is yellower. The Aura is whiter.

At any rate, it's a keeper! I love the form factor and the 4gb memory. I'll probably unload a Glo during the summer.

Last edited by booklover6; 04-11-2014 at 12:00 PM.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:37 PM   #680
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I have discovered a pin prick of light. I didn't see it until I was reading with my glasses on. I am not complaining, just glad there's only one!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-30-2014, 05:35 AM   #681
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
I wanted to show this case I got yesterday for my Aura. I love it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/PrimeCases®-...case+%2B+stand
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	596.7 KB
ID:	122345  
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 AM   #682
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Josieb1, it seems very convenient
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 01:11 PM   #683
Prestidigitweeze
Fledgling Demagogue
Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Prestidigitweeze ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Oasis 2; Aura HD; iPad Air; PRS-350; Galaxy S7.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post

It reminds me of the Kindle 2 case that a flashy redhead I knew used to flaunt on trips to Boston. I always liked that shade of purple.
Prestidigitweeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:50 PM   #684
Cocoak
Cocoak began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Prs T-1, Sony Prs T-2, Kindle 4, Kindle Touch, PAPYRE 6.1.3.
I like it very much. Look at this: http://www.ebay.es/itm/SMART-PU-LEAT...item7476a149cb
Cocoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 02:54 PM   #685
Cocoak

I have a doubt: black or brown...
Old 04-30-2014, 03:02 PM   #686
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocoak View Post
I have a doubt: black or brown...
Black is sophisticated, but I like the Brown..........
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 03:13 PM   #687
Cocoak

Quote:
Black is sophisticated, but I like the Brown..........
Finally, I've bought this one (black)! Thanks!

(Sorry, I speak a little ...)

Last edited by Cocoak; 05-03-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:18 AM   #688
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
I've had a look at one in a store and I couldn't see any pin-holes or cross pattern. I'll have to look more closely next time.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 10:59 AM   #689
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:

Forget about the Aura! I'll take the couch!

Seriously: It looks nice. I've seen this type of case on Amazon.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 11:44 PM   #690
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I've had a look at one in a store and I couldn't see any pin-holes or cross pattern. I'll have to look more closely next time.
I can't see it on mine at all, even with my glasses off. Not sure why.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote