Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 03:05 AM   #1
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Using Calibre 8.38 - Problem after editing metadata

Once again this is probably something on my laptop!

After 'Edit Metadata' when I say 'OK' comes up with message:

calibre, version 0.8.38
ERROR: Permission denied: Could not open G:\Calibre\Hartzler, Sherry\Island Passage (11196)\cover.jpg. Is it being used by another program?

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\basic_widgets.py", line 274, in commit
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 2292, in set_authors
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 644, in set_path
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 588, in rmtree
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\recycle_bin.py", line 60, in delete_tree
File "shutil.py", line 249, in rmtree
File "shutil.py", line 247, in rmtree
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: u'G:\\Calibre\\Hartzler, Sherry\\Island Passage (11196)\\cover.jpg'

What could be causing this?

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Difficult to say. I would guess at the most likely culprit being a virus checker.

I would suggest that you do the following:
- Check your user has Full Access rights to the Calibre library folder and all its contents
- Make sure your anti-virus software is set to exclude the Calibre library from being checked. As ebooks are not binaries that you execute this is not a security risk.
- (Optional) Exclude the Calibre install folder from virus checking. This will speed up Calibre start-up. From a security perspective you can do a scan at install time to check things out (assuming you want to), but it is not necessary to do it every you run calibre.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
mitch13
Groupie
mitch13 began at the beginning.

Device: Appraising the market
Thanks Wizard. Will try the options suggested. It is only happening with my laptop. Had trouble last night deleting books from Calibre. Would delete them from my Kindle via Calibre but then would halt with this same message and would not remove from Calibre.

mitch13
mitch13 is offline   Reply With Quote