Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 10:09 AM   #1
Nbah07
Nbah07 began at the beginning.

Device: laptop and motog2014
Question emerging collection

Hello MobileReaders,

I have step in this forum to gather information on how to produce ebooks with low file size, yet good readability.
It starts with individual jpeg image files for each page. They are 1152x1550 pixels. The tricky part is to insert the OCR layer - which I attempt with tesseract, but it didn't get the professional status since when one select a part of the text, in the result pdf file, the selection one see is a bunch of squares in the highlighted lines. So you kind get confused when selecting. Even though the text itself seems correct, when pasted elsewhere.
Next, I was with 1920 pixel images, then I started with 2304 pixels. Then I realized the viewable page didn't need to be that large, so I remade all my collection with 1152 pixels resolution, as I said. Did this over my source of "uncooked ebooks", can say they are for interent purposes, so the jpeg format. The result should be a ebook format, with a lot less final size, and maybe some index for fast reading within mouse clicks.
Also, the several page files should end with one single unit file, merged.
How this steps should be deployed?
You get the idea, looking forward to share the final ebooks but they should look nice, none will appreciate otherwise. Could you suggest me a adequate procedure to handle this?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:41 AM   #2
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Your post has been moved FROM the Introduce Yourself Forum, where new members introduce themselves to other members.

If you have a question, then please look over our site and post to the forum that is related to your question.

If you wish, you may create a new thread in the Introduce Yourself Forum - and introduce yourself. (You should also turn on your PMs.)

Don
(Moderator)

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-17-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Advert
Closed Thread