Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #106
mokel22
Zealot
mokel22 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSewMe View Post
I agree archiegoodwin for PE ...very nifty (I hope some place offers them again!!)....may I ask what VOIP you use and how?

Thank you or any others who know of any....and how to get texts maybe?

OSM
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=144911
This is the thread for voip calling. You can call (but not receive calls) using this app from and to anyone in the US or Canada

As for texting, I picked up textplus gold when it was free on Amazon app store. There is a free version there now (but there are probably features missing). The version I got worked pretty well except that when you receive texts the android unit does not make a notification noise nor any notification other than the text showing up on the app. All in all you can send and receive texts for free (unless you shell out the $3.00 for the app, then for $3.00).

Last edited by mokel22; 08-06-2011 at 01:34 AM.
mokel22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2011, 10:53 AM   #107
autoharp15
autoharp15 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Does anyone know where I could get some medical apps for the edge? I tried epocrates android app but I can't get it to load on my edge. I had an account before with epocrates for a pocket pc I had and it keeps telling me No device found when I try to down load the android app. Also I am running vista on my lap top and I can't get the edge to sync with my laptop. I am new at this and have yet to down load anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
autoharp15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2011, 10:41 PM   #108
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hello and welcome, Autoharp!

I have Vista on my laptop and no problem using the USB connection. If you haven't already you might want to read the guides posted here: http://entourageedge.com/support/. The eDGe doesn't sync like a cellphone does.

Are you trying to download epocrates directly from your Pocket eDGe browser?

Edit: I found the free version of epocrates here: Download Epocrates for Android. I didn't see how to download the latest version, but the 1.91 version might be better than nothing!

Last edited by Filark; 08-08-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:35 PM   #109
Grizzylemon
Grizzylemon began at the beginning.

I've learned quite a few things. Thanks to everyone on this forum. I bought the pocket edge on Woot and was able to upgrade it to Ermine. I have been able to download some apps from amazon. I have already lost the stylus (GRRR). I saw that someone mentioned getting a wacom enabled pen? What is the advantage of this over a regular stylus? I mean, would it work with it as something other than just a stylus? Is it smoother, etc? If I am browsing the web and see a recipe (for example), how do I get it over to the e-ink side so I can make some notes or change it? I still haven't figured out how to get apps onto the SD card. Is anything being stored on the sd card? I was glad to read the bit about the plastic over the camera, Duh, that helped a lot! Overall, I like the device and am looking forward to figuring out what else it can do.
Grizzylemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 01:47 AM   #110
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hello and welcome, Grizzlemon!

The stylus has to be Wacom "penabled" to work on the e-ink side. Here are 2 threads that discuss what and where to buy: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=145383, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=131217.

If you are using the native browser and find a page you want to see on the e-ink side, tap on the book icon on the top of the page (hit the Menu button if you don't see it). This will give you a choice of "epub" or "image" to port to the e-ink.

The eDGe is not designed for putting apps on the SD card, but some of the smart people here have figured out how to do it. Check this thread first: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138124.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2011, 08:44 AM   #111
KathyO67
KathyO67 began at the beginning.

I'm having trouble opening some of my Nook books from B&N on the eink screen. i get a "user name & password required" message. When I enter my B&N user name & password i get an "incorrect information entered" message, even though I've verified the information on my laptop by signing into B&N. any advice?
Also - I've not been able to sign into my Google account to download apps. Again, I can sign into Google on my laptop, so I know I'm using the correct username/password. On my PE I get an error message that says "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server -- this could be a temporary prolem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.....". help?!
I'll keep reading this forum - it's very helpful!! Hope to try some of the suggested programs & apps once I figure things out a bit more! Thanks for any help you can offer!
KathyO67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 11:35 AM   #112
MasterTec
Connoisseur
MasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshesMasterTec can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: enTourage eDGe Pocket
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyO67 View Post
I'm having trouble opening some of my Nook books from B&N on the eink screen. i get a "user name & password required" message. When I enter my B&N user name & password i get an "incorrect information entered" message, even though I've verified the information on my laptop by signing into B&N. any advice?
Also - I've not been able to sign into my Google account to download apps. Again, I can sign into Google on my laptop, so I know I'm using the correct username/password. On my PE I get an error message that says "Can't establish a reliable data connection to the server -- this could be a temporary prolem or your phone may not be provisioned for data services.....". help?!
I'll keep reading this forum - it's very helpful!! Hope to try some of the suggested programs & apps once I figure things out a bit more! Thanks for any help you can offer!
Hi Kathy! It all has something to do with the DRM on the ebook. There are ways around this though.

However you may have better luck and more responses by starting a new thread with your issues instead of just tacking your question to the end of an old, long sticky. Many more people are likely to click on a new thread than on here.
MasterTec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #113
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyO67 View Post
To add Barnes and Noble books to the Edge Library and read on the e-ink use the First and Last Name as it appears on the credit card used to purchase the book for the Username and Credit Card # for Password.

Last edited by obsessed2; 08-10-2011 at 08:02 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 11:36 AM   #114
autoharp15
autoharp15 began at the beginning.

thanks

Thank you for the info and the site where I could down load the quick start guide. That is very helpful. I also have vista but I must have done something wrong. I was expecting it to load the edge like it did my Pocket PC. But now that I know it will load as a drive I think I can get it to work.
Thanks again for your help
autoharp15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:52 PM   #115
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoharp15 View Post
Thank you for the info and the site where I could down load the quick start guide. That is very helpful. I also have vista but I must have done something wrong. I was expecting it to load the edge like it did my Pocket PC. But now that I know it will load as a drive I think I can get it to work.
Thanks again for your help
If you are using the USB cable you must enable USB on the eDGe otherwise the computer will not see it - don't forget to do the reverse when you have finished.

If you have WiFi you can also use the LAN section of ES File Explorer to transfer files in both directions.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:05 PM   #116
ATFmac
Connoisseur
ATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge, Ermine 0.9, Rooted, Market Enabled
Hey Obsessed, I've posted recently in the main Edge forums about Adhoc support for PE. I think it'd be a great mention for your Starter Resource for newcomers who will likely have this problem. If you wait for more public information for those who used it to confirm any compatibility problems, I understand. So far so good for me. Thank You

ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher

Last edited by ATFmac; 08-21-2011 at 06:49 PM.
ATFmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:27 PM   #117
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATFmac View Post
Hey Obsessed, I've posted recently in the main Edge forums about Adhoc support for PE. I think it'd be a great mention for your Starter Resource for newcomers who will likely have this problem. If you wait for more public information for those who used it to confirm any compatibility problems, I understand. So far so good for me. Thank You

ZT-180 Adhoc Switcher
Sounds pretty cool. Let's see if other users have success with it first. I don't own a mobile phone (I know, my wife and son have one if I need it) but, I wonder if anyone has tested Proxoid for an Android phone (I don't have one yet) that makes the phone look like a proxy server. This would be ideal for new users because it wouldn't require rooting the Edge.

http://smarterware.org/4575/how-to-t...-android-phone

Tetherbot also looks pretty cool. I realize these programs are designed to be a proxy server for a PC but there is an HTTP proxy option under Edge Network Settings and it might work.

http://graha.ms/androidproxy/

Last edited by obsessed2; 08-21-2011 at 08:53 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:23 PM   #118
ATFmac
Connoisseur
ATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheeseATFmac can extract oil from cheese

Device: Pocket Edge, Ermine 0.9, Rooted, Market Enabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Sounds pretty cool. Let's see if other users have success with it first. I don't own a mobile phone (I know, my wife and son have one if I need it) but, I wonder if anyone has tested Proxoid for an Android phone (I don't have one yet) that makes the phone look like a proxy server. This would be ideal for new users because it wouldn't require rooting the Edge.

http://smarterware.org/4575/how-to-t...-android-phone

Tetherbot also looks pretty cool. I realize these programs are designed to be a proxy server for a PC but there is an HTTP proxy option under Edge Network Settings and it might work.

http://graha.ms/androidproxy/

No Problem, I'm glad there are other options. Please post any resources you might want others to try under my Adhoc solution thread or create a new one. I'd love for these possibilities to get explored more thoroughly for confirmation.

I also updated my thread about adhoc quite a bit to ensure people are informed. I only offered it up bc I seem to have had a lot of plus's using the app compared to almost everyone else(android phone users).
ATFmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:47 PM   #119
anniesahu1
anniesahu1 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket eDGe
Thanks a lot for this, just bought Pocket Edge...looks really useful!
anniesahu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 01:02 PM   #120
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Is this market site "safe"?

Just read about this site elsewhere. Anyone have any knowledge about it?
http://www.bazaarandroid.com/

Thanks
glow is offline   Reply With Quote