Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-27-2011, 01:02 AM   #1
sdsullivan
Author
sdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle
Reviewers for new Stephen D. Sullivan E-Books needed

Hey All!

If you’ve been following my posts on Twitter or Facebook (or in my free newsletter), you know that I’ve recently released some new stories in e-book format:

Crimson & Dragons
- In which our semi-immortal warrior woman is about to be sacrificed to a dragon.
Snowraven - Introducing a legendary hero from Blue Kingdoms history.

Because I believe that reviews help spread the word about good work, I’m offering a free copy of each book (or just one, if you prefer) to the first 10 people who agree to post a review.

People who've enjoyed my Dragonlance work, or L5R, or Mage Knight, or The Twilight Empire -- or just about anything else I've written -- will probably like these stories, too.

I’m looking mostly for reviews on Amazon or Smashwords, where I’m selling the e-books, but will happily consider blogs and other venues as well.

So, if you’re interested, please drop me a line at the following address -- in which you’ll have to replace certain words with punctuation (in order to weed out spam-bots):

fanmail_at_stephendsullivan_dot_com

Okay? Thanks!

And if you do post a review, you might even be first in line for my next story -- Dungeons & Dinosaurs -- or maybe even a sneak peak at Frost Harrow.

Sound good? Good!

Oh, and whether you want to review or not, you can always go to www.stephendsullivan.com and download the free wallpapers/desktops from these and other stories.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-- Steve Sullivan
sdsullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Are these short stories or novels? And if you write novels, are they available at Smashwords or Sony or some other ebookstore that offers them in ePub format? Thanks.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #3
sdsullivan
Author
sdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enoughsdsullivan will become famous soon enough

These are short stories - though Snowraven is pushing towards novella length. And while I've had many novels published, they're all work-for-hire and (thus), sadly, out of print. No e-books have been issued.

On the other hand, I have plenty of work up on Smashwords (and Amazon), of varying lengths -- including Martian Knights, which is a collection of my shorts (many available singly or in small groups) and Zombies, Werewolves, & Unicorns, which contains 2 novellas.

http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/stephendsullivan

I hope to have at least 2 new novels out this year -- one within the next month or two.

Hope that helps, Richard.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Yes, thank you. The reason I asked is that I make it a point to avoid short stories. Short stories tend to frustrate me. I have never liked them because they do not give me enough time to become a part of either the stories or the characters. No sooner do I begin to get involved than it ends. Please make a post when you publish your novels.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:14 PM   #5
sdsullivan
Author

No problem.

I feel obliged to point out though, that many of my short stories feature ongoing characters -- similar to the way Robert E. Howard used to write about Conan and his other creations time and again.

So, there is some chance for continuity and character development, even in my shorter work.

Crimson, from "Crimson & Dragons," has appeared in a handful of stories already -- plus Tournament of Death, the free online novel -- and I just wrote another story with her this week. (First draft.)

"Snowraven" is the first of what I hope will be a series of stories as well -- either in prose or comic books or both. And she, too, just appeared in another story I've written but not yet published.

So, as far as these two stories go, if they leave you (and other readers) wanting more -- and I hope they do -- there will be more forthcoming.

I'm an "ongoing character" kind of guy.

Additionally, supporting the short work with these characters encourages me to consider putting them not only in more shorts, but also into novels, too.

These characters I own, unlike my work-for-hire characters and novels. Which is one reason why work-for-hire can be frustrating: as an author, you get attached to characters you don't own and may never be permitted to write again. That's happened to me several times.

But not with these characters and worlds.

Which is why you can expect to see them again -- as long as fans support my work and I can find stories to tell about them.

Tags
dragonlance, e-books, free, reviewers, stephen d. sullivan