Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-05-2011, 11:13 PM   #1
maianhvk
whimsical
maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.maianhvk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: current: PPW 4. brick: K3 & Voyage.
Arrow Tell us about your favorite movie: what do you like about it?

As far as my search went, I didn't find any thread related to movie, but I think many people are interested in movies as I am, so I decided to start a new thread.

Just tell us about the movie you like, and what you like about it: the actor is handsome, or the plots are simple enough to understand and catch up even though you start watching from the middle of it? Or is there anything else that makes you remember the movie for such a long time? Share with us.
maianhvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
I am a huge huge huge fan of movies. I am known to blow a couple hundred bucks a month on DVDs. My most recent purchase was $600 bucks worth of Dr Who serials. (I know that these arent really movies)

I do not have a favorite genre.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 01:59 AM   #3
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Lawrence of Arabia

think about it for awhile and decide if I really need to say why
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:13 AM   #4
Larry Talbot
Banned
Larry Talbot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
I don't think I have an absolute, favorite movie.
I enjoy the old, black and white films much more than the new ones.

Off the top of my head, I would have to say The Big Sleep, Judgement At Nuremberg and Wait Until Dark.

I wonder if anyone can guess my Father's favorite movie?
Larry Talbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 02:46 AM   #5
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
Unit One.. A Danish series on DVD... (Rejseholdet).. I love it... It's so.. uhmm.. Danish..
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2011, 03:54 AM   #6
nohmi2
Pensively observing.
nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nohmi2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Varied.
Ben-Hur.

Not because of the religious theme, but that era seems to have a fascination for me.

The costumes and sets were marvellous.

Cheers
nohmi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:49 AM   #7
Lancer Kind
Lancer Kind began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Thumbs up Star Trek 11 (2009)

This was the last movie I saw before I moved from Seattle to China. I sat in the theater in trepidation that this would be another so-so TV episode on the movie screen, but it wasn't. During the opening scene, I turned to my friends sitting beside me and said, "I'm enjoying the hell out of this."

This movie captured the essence of TOS enterprise in that opening scene. It had the sounds of the bridge, the feel of the bridge, but gave it a polished modern look. The actor who played Kirk played the hell out of a young Shatner. His expressions, his walk, how he used the camera angles, he was young Shatner. Emo Spock, Uhura, Scotty, all very good.

Recently, I met a friend and over beers, we discovered we had very opposite stances over this movie and we decided not to just waste it on bar talk but to put it on a blog:
http://www.lancerkind.com/2010/12/29...ar-trek-movie/

Check it out, comment if you agree or disagree.

Last edited by Lancer Kind; 01-06-2011 at 07:51 AM.
Lancer Kind is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
movie