Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2011, 11:12 AM   #211
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
I have been test reading a bit today, and another thing I would like is a more saturated sans serif font. The san serif font is so "thin", it gives way too little contrast. The Serif is not too bad though.

(And thanks for clearing that margin thing up for me)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:11 AM   #212
MechR
Connoisseur
MechR began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Wifi
Interestingly, the feature-request section of Kobo's official Zendesk help site seems to have been removed. It was already pretty dead compared to Kobo's Getsatisfaction page though, so I guess it's no big loss.
MechR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2011, 11:34 PM   #213
nil-null
nil-null began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Please fix the issue regarding SDHC cards and calibre. If I try to transfer my ebooks to an SDHC through calibre, it doesn't work. However, if I use a regular SD card, it does work. At first I thought it was a calibre bug, but from what I've read else where it appears to be a problem with the firmware. Everything else is great. To all the devs who made this awesome ereader, thank you!

Last edited by nil-null; 04-24-2011 at 12:02 AM.
nil-null is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 06:02 PM   #214
Andreiuta
Zealot
Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andreiuta ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
I wanted to add my request concerning the dictionary: having a dictionary available for ANY books, no matter of the origin is a must. (I find myself, not being able to use the dictionary even with the books I bought from KoboStore, because I don't like the wide margins and I always reformat the books.)

Throw in bookmark capabilities, and I'm 99% happy with this reader.

Andreiuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 07:06 PM   #215
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Faster page turns and internet searching would be nice.

Last edited by The Terminator; 05-18-2011 at 12:21 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 08:26 AM   #216
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Inkbook Prime; Icarus Illumina;ImcoV6l;EB600;Kobo
I tried to search the thread for it but didn't really find it.
One of the things I'd like to see:

A status bar.
Basically, enhance the existing part of the screen where the book title and page is displayed.
Add a battery symbol to know how full/empty the battery is.
Perhaps the current font-size (including max/min size of course)
If there is room - how about a symbol for the wireless connection, if present? (i.e. how good is the connection)

I know it'll get crowded, but I'm sure some things can be added. Remove the "of" in page "X of Y", move it to the right to make room on the left side.

Take a look at the Netronix or Cool-Er firmware. While that status bar was by far not ideal, it did have some advantages.
Cyberman tM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:31 AM   #217
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
As a literati owner I would really like to see the battery on the status bar, since I don't get the weeks of use that e Ink users get. Today it is difficult to check the battery while reading. I press menu, then TOC to see it and another press to get back to the reading.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 03:13 AM   #218
Cyberman tM
Evangelist
Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberman tM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's another one, I searched for it but didn't find it - probably used the wrong search terms, but just to be sure:

A better "busy" indicator.
Half the time the device does not respond because it is busy doing something (what I don't know, usually this is at chapter turns), but doesn't say so.

I can accept waiting - but I find it highly annoying not to know if the device is still working, turned off, or waiting for my input.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:49 AM   #219
Shankill
Nameless Being

It would be great if the Kobo would read all the metadata from Calibre, particularly stuff like series and number within a series. If I have a bunch of books from a particular series, unless I rename and manually number each of them, I end up with books in alphabetical, but not proper, order. It was a little niggle, but it's a bit less... little now. :P
Old 05-12-2011, 03:28 AM   #220
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyvros View Post
It would be great if the Kobo would read all the metadata from Calibre, particularly stuff like series and number within a series. If I have a bunch of books from a particular series, unless I rename and manually number each of them, I end up with books in alphabetical, but not proper, order. It was a little niggle, but it's a bit less... little now. :P
That is the way to go

I structure my metadata naming as follows;

[series name] [ book number in series] - [book name]

eg The Lost Fleet 05 - Relentless

This means in the Kobo, alpha sorting and order within a particular series is correct.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #221
Shankill
Nameless Being

I tried that, but the names ended up being too long. :P The problem for some of mine is that there are sub-series and titles which don't quite fit in because they have the series name in the title and all sorts of terrible guff like that.

Maybe I'll wait.
Old 05-13-2011, 01:34 AM   #222
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
They still sort in the Kobo though, at least my collection does.
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2011, 11:45 AM   #223
Shankill
Nameless Being

Oh, I'm not saying it won't. It's just I'll end up with, for instance, Doctor Who: Virgin New Adventures 68 - Human Nature or Doctor Who: New Series Adventures 32 - Night of the Humans. I can shorten bits of it, but it never feels quite right. Perhaps I'm just too... something.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:35 AM   #224
Cyberman tM
Evangelist

This might be an add-on to the status bar, or completely separate.
Perhaps I'm the only one who would like it anyway.

"End-of-chapter" indicator.
Since new chapters seem to take quite a while to load (though this might not be the Kobo's fault), it would be nice to know in advance that I'm nearing a chapter break, so I would be prepared to wait.

Weird as it sounds, if I know WHY I have to wait (i.e. chapter turn), it doesn't bother me as much as when I don't know why.

If there is room, current page in chapter would be even better.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:42 AM   #225
Irunsjh
Irunsjh began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
This is for the iPhone/touch App, but it would be nice if I could sort my books by Author. I like the new book shelves I am able to make they are nice. I have a lot of books in my library, and sometimes can't remember the exact name of the book I am looking for, but I do know the author's name. If I could change the display order from book title to authors name, like I can on my KOBO ereader that would be great.
Irunsjh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
feature requests, firmware, kobo