Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-20-2005, 04:10 PM   #1
TadW
Uebermensch
TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TadW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Name 10 (interesting) items on your desk

10 of my more interesting items include:

1) 2 empty coke cans
2) unused PDA craddle (WiFi is the way to go!)
3) 3-years old Nokia cellphone
4) 10$ webcam
5) tin of Advil pills
6) standard computer equipment (keyboard, monitor, speakers, mouse)
7) 3 DVD+R blanks
8) a stone
9) lots of pens
10) empty corn-flakes bowl
TadW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:58 PM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
1. A statue of Naru Narusagawa (Love Hina).
2. A figurine of Puchiko (Di Gi Charat).
3. A solid copper orb about 2 inches in diameter.
4. Sharp Actius MM20 running Mandrake Linux.
5. Zaurus SLC-760 - also running Linux.
6. Palm Tungsten C.
7. Tapwave Zodiac 2.
8. Coaster made from alabaster.
9. A bright red Swingline stapler (like in the movie Office Space).
10. A bag of some really tasty brown sugar/honey/corn curls from Japan (half eaten).
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:45 AM   #3
divajess
Connoisseur
divajess is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 1910, Dell X30H
1. My brand new "Outstanding Service for January 2005" lead crystal trophy!!
2. Framed pictures of myself and my boyfriend
3. My Jean Grey New X-Men resin statue
4. Origins "Peace of Mind" stress relief pulse-point cream
5. Various and sundry work DVDs to test
6. My Dell Axim
7. My 20 GB iPod
8. My writing notebook
9. Greg the Bunny DVD set
10. My paper day planner

Oh goody, does this mean I can start the "What's in your bag" thread now?? I have a small obsession with what everyone carries with them on a day-to-day basis. The big Flickr meme has me totally hooked (but sans digital camera to join in the fun).
divajess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 09:47 PM   #4
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
This is my mobile office. This is a subset of some of the equipment I bring with me when I travel for business... it is also my "local" office as well, when I'm working from home.

1. Thinkpad T23 w/1400x1050 resolution, dual 80gb drives
  2. Thinkpad T42 w/1600x1200 resolution, dual 60gb drives
  3. Palm Tungsten T2, 1gb SD card
  4. Palm Tungsten T3, 1gb SD card, wifi card
  5. SanDisk 8-in-1 media card reader
  6. Logitech MX1000 "Laser" optical mouse
  7. 2005 leather DayTimer "Day Runner" paper planner (5x9)
  8. Cross "ION" folding pen
  9. Belkin Hi-Speed USB 2.0 7-port hub
  10. MQ Hi-Tech folder
Of course, I have a lot more gear, but this is what I use on a daily basis.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #5
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
1. Penutbutter
2. Grape jelly packets
3. piggy bank
4. hand sanitizer
5. orange
6. Hard boiled eggs (for later and in a bag with the orange)
7. Pill box
8. paperclip statue i built
9. hair accessories
10. empty lunch container

p.s. I know this thread is old, but it seemed interesting, and thought I'd bring it back... (you know like "sexy")
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #6
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
1. Penutbutter
2. Grape jelly packets
3. piggy bank
4. hand sanitizer
5. orange
6. Hard boiled eggs (for later and in a bag with the orange)
7. Pill box
8. paperclip statue i built
9. hair accessories
10. empty lunch container

p.s. I know this thread is old, but it seemed interesting, and thought I'd bring it back... (you know like "sexy")
Totally agree! (seriously, if you went so far back in the threads, do you work at all???) And I love your selection of items, for some reason, I think it fits perfectly with you!

On my desk I have:
1. An ivy type plant
2. The French Grammar Bible (Le Bon Usage, that I borrowed from an uncle)
3. The super digital camera I've found in the garbage last year
4. Hand lotion (given to me by my mom)
5. A measuring tape (given to me by my dad)
6. The beautiful green bracelet I borrowed a friend 6 months ago
7. Matthew Herbert's Bodily Function cd (it's real music, I swear)
8. Glasses that were given to me so I can have my prescription put in because I got hit in the face by a box, then by a piece of watermelon that both broke my current glasses in two different places. It's been 4 months, and I still didn't go to the optometrist.
9. Empty cases of cd-rom dictionaries (given by an uncle)
10. Pens (that I stole from work, although I bought them another box)

Not on my desk is my laptop, sitting right now on my knees, but usually on a kitchen chair.

I'm seeing now that besides the plant and the cd, I paid for nothing on my desk. What does that say about me?
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #7
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Umm... ok, let's see.
1. Four bottle caps from diet Dr Pepper bottles.
2. One open bottle of diet Dr Pepper
3. One bottle of ibuprofen
4. a coaster
5. mail
6. my phone
7. a Christmas ornament a friend sent me two years ago. I've never put it on the Christmas tree, it just lives on my desk.
8. Pictures of the first time I met Chris.
9. A calculator for algebra class
10. The algebra book (which after this week is being banished to the nether regions. YAYYYY!).

Wow, I'm boring. I need more clutter - goodness knows I have the desk to accommodate it!
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:41 PM   #8
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
1. Assorted plectrums in various sizes
2. Die-cast model '68 Dodge Charger with Red Death Skull Decals
3. Turkish 'evil-eye' lucky charm attached to lamp
4. 3x packs of Spearmint gum
5. 1xbottle of Pepsi-Cola
6. 1x packet of 16 Chupa Chups Lollipops
7. Buddha
8. Wolf Man
9. Frankenstein
10. Dracula

Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:48 PM   #9
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Totally agree! (seriously, if you went so far back in the threads, do you work at all???)
tee.hee. i think u jealous i do so little during my ::cough:: i mean my boss' vacation.
Quote:
And I love your selection of items, for some reason, I think it fits perfectly with you!
thank you. it'd be kinda weird if i were listing others people's stuff.
shoot i should have added my red swingline!!! yes i have a red swingline! i love it!! (you know what i am talking about if u saw Office space... please tell me you know what i am talking about!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verencat View Post

On my desk I have:
1. An ivy type plant
2. The French Grammar Bible (Le Bon Usage, that I borrowed from an uncle)
3. The super digital camera I've found in the garbage last year
4. Hand lotion (given to me by my mom)
5. A measuring tape (given to me by my dad)
6. The beautiful green bracelet I borrowed a friend 6 months ago
7. Matthew Herbert's Bodily Function cd (it's real music, I swear)
8. Glasses that were given to me so I can have my prescription put in because I got hit in the face by a box, then by a piece of watermelon that both broke my current glasses in two different places. It's been 4 months, and I still didn't go to the optometrist.
9. Empty cases of cd-rom dictionaries (given by an uncle)
10. Pens (that I stole from work, although I bought them another box)

Not on my desk is my laptop, sitting right now on my knees, but usually on a kitchen chair.

I'm seeing now that besides the plant and the cd, I paid for nothing on my desk. What does that say about me?
All the stuff on you desk says absolutely nothing about you!!
Expt maybe that u like oxygen, speak french, are against cracked skin, like to wander through people's garbage, forget how tall you are at times, not very conscious of the rules and regulations that apply to borrowed items, ninja watermelons are out to get you and clepto (with a conscience)....

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 06-09-2009 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #10
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Umm... ok, let's see.
1. Four bottle caps from diet Dr Pepper bottles.
2. One open bottle of diet Dr Pepper
3. One bottle of ibuprofen
4. a coaster
5. mail
6. my phone
7. a Christmas ornament a friend sent me two years ago. I've never put it on the Christmas tree, it just lives on my desk.
8. Pictures of the first time I met Chris.
9. A calculator for algebra class
10. The algebra book (which after this week is being banished to the nether regions. YAYYYY!).

Wow, I'm boring. I need more clutter - goodness knows I have the desk to accommodate it!
drinking dr pepper to stay awake during the times u crack open that algebra book?
Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #11
wayrad
Fanatic
wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wayrad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HTC One M8
Maneki-neko
Watchmaker's forceps
Tapwave Zodiac cradle
Spare spacer for Sorvall centrifuge
Guitar inspection mirror
Disassembled hand tally
Four coffee mugs
Petri dish bottom containing three packets soy sauce
American Motorcycle Association patch
Several piles of scientific reprints (some read)
wayrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #12
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
7. Buddha
8. Wolf Man
9. Frankenstein
10. Dracula

not for nothin' but id was kinda expecting a typewriter on ur desk...

is the evil eye to ward of the monsters?.... cz...umm....
Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #13
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayrad View Post
Maneki-neko
Watchmaker's forceps
Tapwave Zodiac cradle
Spare spacer for Sorvall centrifuge
Guitar inspection mirror
Disassembled hand tally
Four coffee mugs
Petri dish bottom containing three packets soy sauce
American Motorcycle Association patch
Several piles of scientific reprints (some read)
i need to google every single thing on ur desk... and borrow three of the coffee mugs to use while i do so...im gonna take a page out of vernecats avatar...
Old 06-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #14
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You all have interesting desks. I don't have one, but I'll tell you what my teensy 45 inches of cubicle have that might be considered tourist attractions:

1. Flower magnet from Hawaii that used to smell like hibiscus, but now only smells like office.

2. Photo of Tim in a frame that says "I love you, my darling" that he recorded for me.

3. Large white-blending-to-clear quartz crystal, approx 4 ins diameter.

4. Small geode made into a magnet.

5. Christmas stamp book cover collection. You know, you go buy new holiday stamps every year, and they have a large image of the stamp on the front of the packet. For 7 years now, I've peeled them and stuck them to the cube wall above my printer. Very pretty. Sad to see how the cost of stamps has skyrocketed!

5. Heavy duty commercial electric stapler that is sort of scary and often when the staple gets stuck, it tries to bite me.

6. Breast cancer pins with the pink ribbon that I stuck into my bulletin board.

7. Full page magnifier.

8. The little terra cotta pot holding a feather and roach clip decorated with fabric flowers. A pic of my sister and me at the St. Augustine lighthouse is held upright in the roach vise.

9. A worn out blue plaster coaster from a hemophilia product supplier that no longer exists.

10. The best darned dust bunny collection south of the Mason/Dixon line!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #15
Verencat
Wizard
Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.Verencat read the news today, oh boy.

Device: xxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Umm... ok, let's see.

Sending you clutter right now! I have so much I sit on it. Open your window, I'm launching it all in five...four...three...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
7. Buddha
8. Wolf Man
9. Frankenstein
10. Dracula

And no smokes... Good for you! Now send me some lollipops NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphapheemail View Post
tee.hee. i think u jealous i do so little during my ::cough:: i mean my boss' vacation.

thank you. it'd be kinda weird if i were listing others people's stuff.
shoot i should have added my red swingline!!! yes i have a red swingline! i love it!! (you know what i am talking about if u saw Office space... please tell me you know what i am talking about!!!!)
I know what a swingline is but...Office space? I know The Office, is it the same thing? Will you stop loving me?

Quote:
All the stuff on you desk says absolutely nothing about you!!
Expt maybe that u like oxygen, speak french, are against cracked skin, like to wander through people's garbage, forget how tall you are at times, not very conscious of the rules and regulations that apply to borrowed items, ninja watermelons are out to get you and clepto (with a conscious)....
True, all of that true.

Wayrad: I need some visual on this!

DixieGal, your cubicule sounds like a home.

Last edited by Verencat; 06-09-2009 at 02:03 PM.
Verencat is offline   Reply With Quote