Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #1
xradicalx
xradicalx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Having News Loaded on to Just One Device

Hi,

Both my wife and I have the same model Kindle device. I want (need?) news uploaded just to my device.

I have a number of news feeds that automatically download, and get transferred to my Kindle when plugged in. However, if my wife plugs her Kindle in, the news is transferred to her device.

Is there a way for us to do this--for Calibre to differentiate between the two devices? Our Windows machine automatically logs in with a generic account we both use. I don't know if Calibre is profile specific.

Thanks so much.
Ryan
xradicalx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:58 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If you are using only a single user account then you cannot do this, easily. Instead got to Preferences->Behavior and disable automatic sending of news to devices and manually send the news when the correct reader is plugged in.

You can create multiple calibre user profiles using an environment variable, but that's more trouble than its worth for this.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
multiple devices, news, profiles