Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-29-2012, 07:37 AM   #121
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Hi mate. what's the fail code..

U0something...
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #122
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
In the bottom left corner it says U007
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #123
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've made a debug file if you tell me which bit you need.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #124
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mr ploppy: With what error code does it fail (bottom left corner)?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #125
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@mr ploppy: With what error code does it fail (bottom left corner)?
@NiLuJe: Two posts before yours:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
In the bottom left corner it says U007
@mr ploppy: This might help:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
... U007: Signature verification failure (JB is not installed) ...
So it appears that you need to reinstall the jailbreak.

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-29-2012 at 12:51 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:50 PM   #126
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@geekmaster: Ooops. Missed it on the tablet! :x Thanks!

@mr ploppy: Update your jailbreak or add the package name to the whitelist (linkjail/etc/whitelist).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-29-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: Wee, fix another stupid typo!
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 01:52 PM   #127
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass

Thanks. Took me a while to find an uninstaller for the jailbreak, but it works now.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:26 PM   #128
hornpipe2
hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.hornpipe2 has never been to obedience school.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Great idea, but needs a little work. Here's what it looks like on my k2i. I saw somewhere that there could be up to 11 font size entries in that array on the DX... that might be too many for this little screen : )

ETA: Never mind. Changing font size list to 18, 19, ..., 29, 30 did the trick. Everything fits great now. Would be cool if this could be the default list in fontfix.pref for k2i installs.

Oh and the file is DOS-format leaving a stray ^M after the first line, convert that to UNIX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen_shot-18540.gif
Views:	466
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	93119  

Last edited by hornpipe2; 09-30-2012 at 10:40 PM. Reason: update with better font size list
hornpipe2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:39 AM   #129
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
I've tried this a couple of times, with no success. I have a Kindle Keyboard 3.4, with the latest jailbreak and font hack installed. When I run UpdateYourKindle with update_fontfix_0.2_k3g_install.bin
my Kindle goes through the update process, but nothing changes. And there is no fontfix folder added to root.
And ideas?
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:43 PM   #130
hfpop
Addict
hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.hfpop knows how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Device: N/A
On my side it worked perfectly. I have the Kindle Keyboard with 3G. I needed to update the jailbreak, after which this update worked smoothly. Indeed, as the author says in the readme file, I cannot understand why this is not part of the official setup.

Thank you for a good job!
hfpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:50 PM   #131
montalex
Fanatic
montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KindleDX,Kindle 4, Kindle Keyboard 3G
Quote:
Originally Posted by montalex View Post
I've tried this a couple of times, with no success. I have a Kindle Keyboard 3.4, with the latest jailbreak and font hack installed. When I run UpdateYourKindle with update_fontfix_0.2_k3g_install.bin
my Kindle goes through the update process, but nothing changes. And there is no fontfix folder added to root.
And ideas?
Still the same problem. The update is recognized, the Kindle goes through the update process, but afterwards, nothing seems to have changed. Out of curiosity, I even tried the bin update file for Kindle 3gb, and, of course, it wouldn't run.The only thing I have outside the ordinary is that I replaced the serif fonts in the most recent font hack with Georgia2 fonts. But the stock font sizing works with those fonts, so I can't imagine why there would be a problem with this font hack.

I do also have launchpad and kindlepdfreader installed...
montalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:12 PM   #132
kapsi
kapsi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
This is just what I wanted, thank you so much.
kapsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #133
tilia
Evangelist
tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tilia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, K3
Works with my k3.4(wifi)
Thank you!
tilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 11:46 AM   #134
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass

Is this ever likely to work on the Paperwhite? I had a play with one in a local shop, it looks good but has the same "very small to very large" font size problem as the old Kindles.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #135
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ploppy View Post
Is this ever likely to work on the Paperwhite? I had a play with one in a local shop, it looks good but has the same "very small to very large" font size problem as the old Kindles.
Do you mean just changing the font sizes themselves or the full modification that's here? If you are looking for having the Aa sizes in a narrower range from default on the PW, then you can JB the PW and install the JBPatch which supports modifying the font sizes. See the following:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=700

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/JBPatch#Patches

If you mean the nice fancy mod that was developed in this thread, then you will need to find someone who has a PW, is interested in doing this mod, and has the prerequisite java programming understanding (I don't). I suspect that with every bin update Amazon pushes out, that the hack would need to be "remade" due to java obfuscation since I have read that ixtab has had issues with the collections manager with the PW updates. However, don't take what I write here as any expert advice.... I am only a kindle developer in my dreams...
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote