Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
wdsjc
wdsjc began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation Making an Ebook in Sigil

Hi all,

Nice to meet you! I'm new here and was hoping someone could help me!

I work at a book publishing company and have been tasked with making an ebook from another ebook. What I basically have to do is create a new ebook using three chapters of one that's been made before. I'm new to this and have only recently been working with the books, I'm an assistant as things stand so getting this right could really help me a lot!

All I have is Sigil and I've been asked to try not go through our conversion company to save a lil cash. Can this be done? I've already managed to make a book of the three chapters, but will still have to insert a jacket, a description page and edit the imprint page.

Will I be able to do the whole process using Sigil? And does anyone have ANY advice for me? Sorry I know this is vague but, as the saying goes, I really don't know my ass from my elbow in this situation and am super eager to impress.

wdsjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
You may find my ePub tutorial useful (see my signature). Go for v2 if you are using the latest release of Sigil.
And welcome to the forums!!!
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote