Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
0612helene
0612helene began at the beginning.

Device: sony pocket reader prs 300
Thank you

I'd like to thank everyone for the nice words of welcome since I joined!
Helene
0612helene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #2
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Welcome !

Hello Helene !
Welcome to MR.
I'm still a newbie here, but hoping for a great experience with my new K3 3G which should arive monday. ( first for ever eReader).
cheers,
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
Well, I didn't welcome you.... until now! Welcome. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay here (almost) as much as reading on an e-reader.

Two posts in this thread, and both from abroad. That's one thing I really like about this forum, all parts of the world are represented. It means that different points of view are always forthcoming.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:01 AM   #4
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

JeremyZ: Totally agree, but it's also a bit confusing sometimes, since the possibilities wary alot around the world. What you can with your Kindle in Chicago, I can't do with mine (arives monday ?) in Denmark. Your free books from Amazon.com is at least $2.99 for me as far as I can see.
But still the best preparing/discussion/help forum I've found so far :-)
Old 08-27-2010, 11:07 AM   #5
JeremyZ
Addict
JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyZ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST, Kindle 2, Samsung Galaxy Stellar phone
pchrist7 - Books that are free for me from amazon are out-of-copyright. Although Amazon charges $3 probably to cover their costs for infrastructure abroad.

Look through the sticky threads at the top of the Kindle forum here. You can find some tips on where to get the out-of-copyright books for free. Sometimes, they are also formatted better than they are on Amazon! You may have to download them to your computer first, then use the USB cable to upload them to your Kindle. As you can see, it is a lot more work than just paying the $3. It is always a trade-off, but as far as convenience, it is my opinion that nothing beats a Kindle.
JeremyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
You guys know about the books right here on MR, dontcha? The link is for mobi formatted books, which is what you Kindlers want. Helene, since you have a Sony, I think you want ePub instead.

We have some people who really care about quality formatting. When I'm looking for classics, this is the first place I look!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 12:55 PM   #7
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Lovely to be able to double-up on a welcome, Helene. Sadly, all to often, newcomers disappear from sight and site. You didn't. Makes the few seconds it takes for a welcome to all new members worthwhile. Very best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #8
dickon25
Groupie
dickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-booksdickon25 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505. Pocketbook Inkpad 840
pChrist7 have you tried amazon.co.uk? Now that they have their own Kindle shop you may be able to get the freebies from there without paying the US fee.
dickon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:22 PM   #9
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Welcome to the nuthouse...er...MobileRead. Besides being a plethora of information, being international puts new perspectives on almost everything.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 03:13 AM   #10
pchrist7
Addict

doesn't work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickon25 View Post
pChrist7 have you tried amazon.co.uk? Now that they have their own Kindle shop you may be able to get the freebies from there without paying the US fee.
I'm told to go to amazon.com since I live in Denmark, so unless I cheat, which i won't, that's it.
Old 08-28-2010, 05:09 AM   #11
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
Welcome to the nuthouse...er...MobileRead. Besides being a plethora of information, being international puts new perspectives on almost everything.

there are nuts?

..... rummages around, no; can't see any in the drawers .... but I have chocolate !
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:33 AM   #12
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
..... rummages around, no; can't see any in the drawers .... but I have chocolate !
Really?! Party!
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:43 AM   #13
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
there are nuts?

Just hand over the chocolate and no one will get hurt!

Btw, what are nuts doing in your drawers...oh...wait...
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:59 AM   #14
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:

Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:51 AM   #15
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Welcome to a great place, Helene.

Quote:

Slowly backs away from the thread.

Dean
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote