Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-24-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
jpustin
jpustin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Trouble fetching news

I have a kindle 2 (ver 2.5.3) and I am having trouble using the fetch news feature in Calibre, the feed I am most wanting is "the Sydney Morning Herald" one in the English (Australia) category however it seems to just be failing to fetch it and also when I try getting others it seems to get it but when I open it, it just says failed to get content. Is there something that I need to do to set this up or is it a broken feature?

b.t.w this worked for me once before but now just not, any help would be great.
jpustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 07:55 PM   #2
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Gen2
I have the same problem with Houston Chronicle.

I get American Thinker and USA today just fine. I also get two custom recipes just fine. I just cant get the Houston Chronicle.
jasonfedelem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
BEst way to report broken news sources is to open a ticket for each. This usually happens when a website changes.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 10:47 AM   #4
jasonfedelem
Zealot
jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jasonfedelem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Great. I opened ticket 5972.

Love Calibre. Great work!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #5
jasonfedelem
Zealot

Great Work Kovid. This is the best customer service I have had for a free product, hands down. Houston Chronicle works great.

I've never written a recipe, but I'm going to see what I can do for Austin American Statesman and Waco Tribune. Where do I find the submission process for a recipe once I have tested it?
Advert
Old 06-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Just post it in the custom recipes thread in this forum, I'll pick it up from there.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #7
jasonfedelem
Zealot

Great. I'll work on it this week.