Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 08-25-2012, 12:26 PM   #2176
Erica Manfred
Erica Manfred began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Interview with a Jewish Vampire, 4.5 stars, free now

Interview with a Jewish Vampire is free on Kindle August 25-28,

http://www.amazon.com/Interview-Jewi...3033906&sr=8-2

[please replace with smaller image - moderator]

18 4.5 star reviews plus rave editorial reviews:

“With wild irreverent humor, Erica Manfred's Interview With a Jewish Vampire turns upside down and sideways all the vampire cliches and stock images. Jewish vampires keeping kosher, old lady vampires on the prowl--this book is above all fun!”
--Rachel Pollack, author of Arthur C. Clarke Science Fiction Award winner Unquenchable Fire, and World Fantasy Award winner Godmother Night

“Filled with knowing winks to readers of vampire fiction, from Dracula to Lestat, Interview with a Jewish Vampire is unexpectedly credible, even while pumping Catskill-flavored jokes through its basically silly premise. Interview is told in a fast, punchy style: “I was a Jewish divorcee of 41 who claimed to be 35. He had been dead for a long time, but I didn't know that right away." You know exactly where it's going, but the road there is a lot of fun.
--Jewniverse; MyJewishLearning.com

HYSTERICAL!!! Smoothly written, stereotypes jab you right and left, cliches abound with luxurious abundance, the setting is authentic (in New York and Florida, two places I can drive around in without a GPS), and the CHARACTERS POP OFF THE PAGES!!! I'm planning to gift a Kindle copy to a friend who could use a great laugh.
--Jacqueline Lichtenberg, winner of the Galaxy Award for Spirituality in Science Fiction with her second novel, Unto Zeor, Forever from the Sim-Gen series.

Rhoda barely blinks at learning her hottie date is undead—a zaftig divorcee could do worse on JDate. Undercover as Hasidic (pale, covers mirrors, shuns others’ food? No problem!), Sheldon loves late-night shopping and tantric sex. When Rhoda persuades him to turn her ailing mother and her retiree pals into vampires, the “goils” go wild. A snortingly funny page-turner.
--Chronogram Magazine

“One of the more hilarious books we’ve encountered lately…focuses on a “zaftig middle-aged journalist” (our favorite kind) named Rhoda Ginsburg, and follows her JDate-arranged love affair with the first “drop-dead gorgeous” person in history named Sheldon…an explanation for those nasty old lies now known as a blood libel. ”
--Times of Jerusalem

Last edited by dreams; 08-25-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Erica Manfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #2177
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Smile Dust Bowl Justice ~ Action & Adventure, 1934

Dust Bowl Justice
by Ric K. Hill

JUST PUBLISHED!

Jim Palmer is a good man
...his brother, Willie, is not.

Texas, 1934. Willie Palmer is unpredictable and dangerous. Wherever he goes, trouble is never far behind.

On the run after committing a felony, Willie evades the Texas Rangers, leaving his innocent brother, Jim, to endure the consequences left in his wake.

While serving hard time for a crime he didn't commit, Jim kills a man in self-defense. He flees, igniting a relentless manhunt spearheaded by Roger Buckskin, the best tracker in the region.

Jim's resolve is challenged by miles of desolate desert terrain as he is entangled in a desperate struggle for survival. Driven to find his renegade brother, now living the high life in Mexico, Jim is forced to rely on a woman he just met and trust in the system that has failed him at every turn. He is determined to restore his good name...but time is running out.

Amazon Kindle:
USUKGermanyItalyFranceSpainIndia
(This e-book is properly formatted to take advantage of Kindle's special features, including easy navigation between chapters, table of content links, and font resizing. Text-to-speech is enabled on supported devices.)

ePub:
Barnes & Noble
(DRM-free, so it can be read on a variety of e-reading devices, apps, and software that support the ePub format)

Paperback available soon!
(273 pages)

Last edited by DreamWriter; 08-29-2012 at 11:05 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 01:32 PM   #2178
writergirl101
writergirl101 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
DEAD MEN ARE EASY TO LOVE :
HISTORICAL, HYSTERICAL, ROMANCE/CHICK LIT
4 and 5 Star reviews!
FREE DOWNLOAD ON THURSDAY, AUG. 30, 2012

For Ariel Richards, is there any future in the past?
One thing is for certain: She thinks dead men are much easier to love than living ones!
Ariel has bad luck with love. But her present dating woes are only the beginning. Soon she finds herself making mysterious visits to the past, brushing shoulders--and much more--with some of the most famous men, and bad boys, from history . . . Ernest Hemingway, Clark Gable, Ludwig Van Beethoven, Dracula, Vincent Van Gogh, Butch Cassidy, and others. Will she find lasting romance with any one of them, or will it die before she can find hope for her future?

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Men-Easy-Love-ebook/dp/B008AK7J60/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1340391067&sr=1-1&keywords=dead+men+are+easy+[/url]

WHAT AN IDEA!!! sexy, funny and provocative, July 23, 2012
By
Jeanne Wolf (Hollywood) - See all my reviews
5.0 out of 5 stars
(REAL NAME)

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Dead Men Are Easy To Love (Kindle Edition)
Hillary Kanter has proved that if a girl can't find Mr Right she can dream him up. The encounters with long gone A-listers are fabulous fantasies. If you already know these talented hotties you'll get a big kick out of these scenes inDead Men Are Easy To Love. Tell your single friends to stop bitching and moaning and start reading. Then tell us if you think DEAD MEN ARE EASY TO LOVE or if some of your recent loves were so deadly that you'd rather stay home with your Kindle than date.

Last edited by writergirl101; 08-27-2012 at 01:37 PM.
writergirl101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:11 AM   #2179
plumboz
Novelist
plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plumboz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
Today and tomorrow, August 30, 31, Boomerang is on sale for $0.99 (77p in the UK).

Forty-five reviews on Amazon and Amazon UK, with a 4 star+ rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars Boomerang flies, 2 April 2011
By
MoonMan (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Boomerang (Kindle Edition)
Boomerang is a comedy thriller, with a nice balance between the elements: the thrills are in the action, the comedy in the telling. The premise is simple. There exists somewhere in the world a hollow boomerang which contains some super-sensitive information dating back to the time of J. Edgar Hoover. A lot of people are very anxious to get hold of it.

The story is told in the third person - many third persons - the action shifting frequently between protagonists. There are, for example, the two odd couples: Australian sisters Doreen and Amelia, and offbeat US security operatives Ted and Jerry. There's even a dog, Oz, whose point of view is given the attention it surely deserves.

There are strong echoes of Douglas Adams, perhaps even of Evelyn Waugh. And Boomerang has a cinematic feel - or, to be more precise, a Quentin Tarantino feel. Tarantino would love it.

Sale price in place at Amazon, coupon for Smashwords for all other formats is JF43P
plumboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:19 AM   #2180
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm part of the Labor Day sale. Pick up a bargain $0.99 best selling novel this weekend.

http://www.amazon.com/lm/R3J2KLKW5V5...?ie=UTF8&lm_bb
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:47 AM   #2181
iankez
iankez began at the beginning.

Journeys of Wonder Volume 1 is free today, August 31st on kindle.

This collection of genre fiction features 5 chilling tales from 3 talented authors.

Sincerely,

Ian Kezsbom
www.journeysofwonder.com
iankez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:58 AM   #2182
Vickie Britton
Vickie Britton began at the beginning.

New Short Story Collection Killer at the Door $1.99

What do you do when a killer knocks on the door? Don't let him in is always a good policy. But sometimes it's more complicated than that...

In every person’s life there comes a crucial moment when time is of the essence, where the clock is ticking and a split-second decision can mean the difference between life and death. In these eight stories of mystery and suspense, each character comes face to face with an immediate threat. They are forced to make a snap decision, drawing on courage, physical and mental force. Will they have what it takes to beat the odds, to outwit the Killer at the Door?

Danger lurks in many forms. For some, it is a creepy next-door neighbor, for others a date gone wrong. Danger might even simply appear one night as a knock at the door.

*A blood-spattered stranger appears at the door, begging to be let in... (Read more) Extended description

In every person’s life there comes a crucial moment when time is of the essence, where the clock is ticking and a split-second decision can mean the difference between life and death. In these eight stories of mystery and suspense, each character comes face to face with an immediate threat. They are forced to make a snap decision, drawing on courage, physical and mental force. Will they have what it takes to beat the odds, to outwit the Killer at the Door?

Danger lurks in many forms. For some, it is a creepy next-door neighbor, for others a date gone wrong. Danger might even simply appear one night as a knock at the door.

*A blood-spattered stranger appears at the door, begging to be let in.
*Is Driftwood a harmless bum looking for work, or a deranged killer?
*A high school reunion becomes an opportunity for a “woman scorned” to right an old wrong
* Is the man next door a secret admirer or a dangerous stalker?

Who can you trust and who can you believe?

Available from Smashwords in mulit-formats.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KATD 2 WEB small.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	146.7 KB
ID:	91597  

Last edited by Vickie Britton; 08-31-2012 at 12:32 PM. Reason: forgot to add link
Vickie Britton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 12:53 PM   #2183
Harlee Mills
Harlee Mills began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Remember Me & Forget Me Not are now just $2.99 each!

Harlee Mills books on Amazon
Harlee Mills book at BN.com
Harlee Mills on iBooks
Harlee Mills at Kobo Books
Harlee Mills at Sony eBookstore
Harlee Mills at Smashwords
Harlee Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #2184
C.M. Skiera
C.M. Skiera began at the beginning.

Crimson & Cream – An Epic Fantasy Novel by C.M. Skiera – $2.99

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/212895
http://www.amazon.com/-/e/B008XKXD2Q
http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/crim...53025018?mt=11

Crimson & Cream is the story of 13-year old Jetsam, who finds himself a victim of circumstance, his life growing more difficult each day. A series of life-changing events force him to boldly decide his future, while trying to sort out the tangled mysteries of his troubled past.

Thank you! http://cmskiera.yourresearchhelp.com/
C.M. Skiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 12:04 AM   #2185
Eric C
Connoisseur
Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!Eric C is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Cult thriller

So Sun Myung Moon, founder of the Unification Church, is dead. His church was really a cult, IMO, and inspired my first novel, The Prophet Motive.

The origin for the novel was a personal run-in I had as a twenty year-old kid in Austin, Texas many years ago now with members of the Unification Church, a cult more commonly known as the Moonies. That nickname is based on the name of the cult’s founder, Sun Myung Moon of Korea. I was walking on usually busy Guadalupe Street or “The Drag,” at the edge of the UT Austin campus one winter afternoon while most students were home for Christmas break. Youths being ripe targets for cult recruiters, I was a rare specimen–I realize now–in that place and in that time of year. My recruiter was a youth herself, a brunette of normal appearance who approached me on the sidewalk and invited me to a party about to begin, she said, in a private home a few blocks away. She was persistent and flirtatious, and I accepted, though more interested in the prospect of booze and other women than in her, I’ll admit.

The whole experience I had with the Moonies that day lasted no more than a single hour, but it turned out to be unforgettable, and I’ve studied and followed the cult phenomenon ever since.

[edited for length - MODERATOR]

Twelve years later, when I was contemplating writing a novel for the first time, I remembered this day, added a good deal of imagination, and the rest is for you to read . . .

http://www.amazon.com/The-Prophet-Mo.../dp/B003UBTWDM

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 02-10-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Eric C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 04:02 PM   #2186
dariusjones
dariusjones began at the beginning.

My Kindle Books is Free Today, Sept. 4

My new book, The Library of Lost Books, is free today (Sept. 4) on the Amazon Kindle store.

,Darius Jones
dariusjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 07:54 AM   #2187
tonymcfadden
Writer guy
tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tonymcfadden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Today and tomorrow (Seattle time) "Matt's War" is kdp Select Free.

What if an Engineer got caught up in terrorists' plans, against his will?

All Matt Daly wanted to do was keep his head down, stay out of trouble and run a moderately successful business. His waking hours were spent building his telecommunications consulting business in Asia-Pacific -- until he interrupted a highjacking on a flight from Singapore to Sydney, Australia.

Other people have plans for him now, and his life will never be the same.
Now hundreds of lives depend on Matt's actions in this international thriller spanning Malaysia to Australia, and north to Taiwan.

Amazon Reviews:
"The action kicks off at the very opening of the book and the intricate plot continues to unfold until the very last page of the book. The author's ability to put together such a complex plot while ensuring the book remains an addictive page-turner is an impressive accomplishment."

"The action begins with an airplane hijacking, and doesn't stop until the last possible moment. Intricate and well crafted plot, interesting characters, and exotic locales plus plenty of danger and cool technology - who could ask for more?"
tonymcfadden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #2188
Christy Dorrity
Christy Dorrity began at the beginning.

The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook features books you'll devour, and recipes you can't put down.

Amazon currently is promoting it for free. Enjoy!

http://www.amazon.com/2011-Book-Blog...6851696&sr=1-1

Great books, bloggers, and recipes meet in this fresh and unique cookbook that helps you experience books, not just read them.
Books were selected from the author’s book review blog and paired with delectable recipes like “Fairy Touched Calico Brownies” from the Fablehaven series by Brandon Mull, “7-Day Layer Dip” from Lauren Oliver’s Before I Fall, and “I Hate Chocolate Cake” from Amanda Hocking’s Switched. Mouthwatering photos complement every recipe.
The 2011 Book Blogger’s Cookbook includes a foreword by Amanda Hocking, author of the USA Today Bestselling Trylle Trilogy and showcases over seventy reviews with links to book review blogs and author websites.
Whether you're a food lover, an avid reader or a book blogger, there’s something for you in The 2011 Book Blogger’s Cookbook.
Christy Dorrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 12:38 PM   #2189
smokinpuppy
smokinpuppy began at the beginning.

If you want to survive 2012 Read this Guide FREE Today!

"How to Survive 2012 in Two Weeks" is a new Guide by Robert Haddad and Jacob Abujaber. It covers how to survive the coming disaster of 2012. The topics inside are Preparations, Provisions, How to build a Bunker and much more!

Its FREE on Amazon.com Today, so Check it out!
www.amazon.com/Survive-Weeks-World-Survival-ebook/dp/B0093P8YDS

Cheers,

Robert
smokinpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 03:07 PM   #2190
friendly
Banned
friendly began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 / iPad
Taten ohne Täter

Spannend, witzig, absurder Humor?

Friedrich Wulfs "Taten ohne Täter" liefert all das.

Bei Amazon: http://goo.gl/iDPxr
Bei epupli (epub-Format): http://goo.gl/73HMA

Oder im Play Store und auch im iTunes Store.

Danke!
friendly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2.99, a dead man's debt, aaron & keja, amazon, anthology, bloated goat, captain nothing, cj west, crime fiction, crowdfunding, ebook, ebooks, fantasy, finding books, free ebook, free ebook downloads, funny, giveaway, god, grace elliot, health, heir to the everlasting, hop, independent, indie, indie bestsellers, just doll, kdp, kickstarter, middle grade, nook, ratticus, sci-fi novel, science fiction, scifi, selfhelp, short story, soul, spirituality, staten bay trilogy, suspense, sweepstakes, uke, ukulele, website, witch book, writing, zombified buffalo