Notices

Old 02-17-2010, 09:56 PM   #1
Chriskander
writer
Chriskander began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
A writer introduces himself

Hello All:

I learned about Mobile Read today and am glad to find so many people who use e-readers.

Since I write e-books and have decided to focus my latest release entirely on the e-book (no POD or dead tree versions at all) I think we can have some useful conversations. I’d like to plug the latest release, but do not want to spam. You can look at my blog http://thewildcatsvictory.wordpress.com/ instead – I have the first chapter posted and the cover image next previous.

I write a series of soft SF adventures by a group of modern people castaway on a 17th century alternate Earth. That way I get to write about tech things with today’s viewpoints and also enjoy the swordfights and sailing ship romance of 300 years ago. The Wildcat’s Burden is the fourth release in the series. I’ve done something dangerous this time, my protagonist is pregnant while the military governor of a tumultuous city. The plot works toward the chaos bound to ensue when she goes into labor and her efforts to set a plan in motion to contain it.

I’m also looking to write a few novel reviews here, the other authors with my publisher exchange reviews and have one to do in the next month. It is a sequel to a novel I reviewed nearly two years ago, a really entertaining fantasy adventure. In time I may have a few recommendations for reads in the SF, Fantasy. and Speculative Fiction genres.

Christopher Hoare
Chriskander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 10:40 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Christopher.

Always glad to have a new writer aboard. Be sure to check out the writers corner, and don't hesitate to ask questions.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Hello and welcome to MR!!!

happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi & welcome to MR. Don't hesitate to keep us informed about your books. Easiest is to include any links in your signature - that way you keep plugging away without being tooo obvious :-)
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 09:30 AM   #5
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Christopher, welcome to MR!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2010, 03:23 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Christopher and welcome to MR
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 11:12 AM   #7
columbus
Wizard
columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.columbus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Prs 650, 505
Welcome aboard Christopher
columbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:38 PM   #8
Chriskander
writer
Chriskander began at the beginning.

Device: ebookwise 1150
Thanks for the welcome posts, and the tip. I wasn't sure if my signature file would be out of line.

I'll have to go looking for the writers' corner.

Christopher Hoare

The Iskander series – Arrival, Deadly Enterprise, The Wildcat’s Victory, The Wildcat's Burden
see links to all at –
http://www.double-dragon-ebooks.com/...topher%20Hoare
http://www.freewebs.com/chriskander/
http://thewildcatsvictory.wordpress.com
Chriskander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #9
gpstrucker
Wandering Geek
gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gpstrucker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300 Sony PRS-600
I look forward to reading your work.
gpstrucker is offline   Reply With Quote