Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 08-10-2006, 06:54 PM   #46
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
not sure it was something i was going discus with the uk branch if the would reply to me.
the uk site gives better pictures of what they offer.
http://www.thepouch.co.uk/shop/index.php?pouch=custom
click "View pictures of our slim pouch cases"
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 02:26 AM   #47
ali
Addict
ali doesn't litterali doesn't litter

Device: Iliad, dude!
I made me a case that resembles a hardcover book. (At least it's supposed to)

This was my first attempt at sewing, so I'm surprised it turned out to be usable
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	case1.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	174.4 KB
ID:	1416   Click image for larger version

Name:	case2.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	186.3 KB
ID:	1417   Click image for larger version

Name:	case3.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	1418  
ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-18-2006, 03:22 AM   #48
ElaHuguet
iLiad freak
ElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litterElaHuguet doesn't litter

Device: iRex iLiad
Wow, Ali, VERY cool, specially for a first effort!

If you tuck the tail end of the zipper inside (if you can), it might look more streamlined, although it gives you a hold to start pulling, I guess.

Hehehe... the iLiad not coming with a cover has been good for our creative abilities.
ElaHuguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2006, 06:45 AM   #49
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ali
This was my first attempt at sewing, so I'm surprised it turned out to be usable
Great!
Well, my first attempt wouldn't look so nicely, if I try this.
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2006, 03:21 PM   #50
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
This thing might be of interest to those who want travel/packing protection, but don't feel a need for (or as an addition to) an actual case.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2006, 04:46 AM   #51
El Chupacabra
Enthusiast
El Chupacabra began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad / Nokia 6630
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonio_uk
I'll try to make one of these as soon as I have the time:

http://how2dostuff.blogspot.com/2006...llow-book.html
Well, at last it's finished! It was harder than I thought. I attach some photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	25082006.jpg
Views:	442
Size:	375.6 KB
ID:	1460   Click image for larger version

Name:	25082006(001).jpg
Views:	547
Size:	434.7 KB
ID:	1461  
El Chupacabra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 06:45 AM   #52
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
looks good Chubpacabra

There is just one thing...in the current configuration there is no way you can take out the Stylus is there? I don't use the stylus often, but sometimes I need it and having to take the Iliad out of it's cas just to remove the stylus would bother me a bit I think...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2006, 10:43 PM   #53
vranghel
Addict
vranghel began at the beginning.

Device: Proud Iliad owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chupacabra
Well, at last it's finished! It was harder than I thought. I attach some photos.

I like how it looks....it's sleek.

Can you give us some details on how you made it (the book, why is the inside black etc...)

And a couple more close-up pics would be appreciated
vranghel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:25 PM   #54
El Chupacabra
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderROR
looks good Chubpacabra

There is just one thing...in the current configuration there is no way you can take out the Stylus is there? I don't use the stylus often, but sometimes I need it and having to take the Iliad out of it's cas just to remove the stylus would bother me a bit I think...
Thanks! The fact is there's no way to take out the stylus with the iLiad completely laying on the case. If you check the second photo you'll notice there's a small hole on the top of the inside's case to pull up the iLiad with your finger. It's really easy to pull it up with the left hand while taking out the stylus with the right hand.
I can't figure it out how to enable to remove the stylus without pulling out the iLiad in a case like this. I can't switch it off/on while it's inside the case neither. I thought about it before doing the case but you have to do a bigger hole than I did next to the switch to enable it, bigger enough to me to make me forget the idea. If someone wants some advice to make a case like this let me know.
Old 08-27-2006, 02:41 PM   #55
El Chupacabra
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vranghel
I like how it looks....it's sleek.

Can you give us some details on how you made it (the book, why is the inside black etc...)

And a couple more close-up pics would be appreciated
The pics will come as soon as I borrow my girlfriend's camera, my cellphone camera sucks.
In order to do it you need to get a book enough thick to hold inside the iLiad (trust me, it's the second one I do because of a too slim book I choose first time) as well as taller and wider than it. Don't fit it too much because it's better to have a bigger case than a smaller one very fragile, if margins are too slim they won't be hard enough to not be torn apart by normal use. Next you need to have the tools (dremel, cutter, ruler, etc.) to do the hole inside the book by cutting the pages, velvet adhesive lining (I mean "forro adhesivo de ante o aterciopelado), adhesive lining for the cover, some magnetic ribbon (like the ones from the cooler's door or the stickers for notes), white glue and contact glue. For most of the process you can follow these guidelines but you'll miss some specific clues for sticking the lining, fixing a wrong cut or embedding the magnets. I can tell if anyone is really interested in doing the case but I'll save them (you know, sometimes it's hard to me to translate all I want to say from spanish :S) if no one is interested. Let us see your covers if you do any!!!
Old 08-27-2006, 02:59 PM   #56
b_k
Übernerd
b_k is on a distinguished road

Device: iRex iLiad
now that gives the word "e-book" a totally new meaning.
b_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 11:22 PM   #57
harryo
Enthusiast
harryo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten TX / Iliad
I found a cover that works well for me. It's intended as an A5 notebook cover, but fits the Iliad nicely. Made by an Australian company called "smiggle" http://www.smiggle.com.au/welcome.html (you'll have to skip the annoying Flash intro).

Not sure whether these are likely to be available elsewhere. I assume you could order them to be delivered.

It may not be good enough for everyone, since there is only a thick elastic band hold it closed (and holding the Iliad in place), but it seems very solid; I don't feel like my Iliad will fall out.

Note that there's nothing holding the Iliad in when you open the case. When you move the elastic, the Iliad is free to be removed. I guess one could use velcro to keep it in place, if desired, as someone else on the list did.

Anyway, I've attached some photos.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Back.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	306.5 KB
ID:	1466   Click image for larger version

Name:	Front.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	312.7 KB
ID:	1467   Click image for larger version

Name:	Open Empty.jpg
Views:	463
Size:	292.7 KB
ID:	1468   Click image for larger version

Name:	Open With Iliad.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	214.6 KB
ID:	1469  
harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 06:15 AM   #58
El Chupacabra
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryo
I found a cover that works well for me. It's intended as an A5 notebook cover, but fits the Iliad nicely. Made by an Australian company called "smiggle" http://www.smiggle.com.au/welcome.html (you'll have to skip the annoying Flash intro).

Not sure whether these are likely to be available elsewhere. I assume you could order them to be delivered.

It may not be good enough for everyone, since there is only a thick elastic band hold it closed (and holding the Iliad in place), but it seems very solid; I don't feel like my Iliad will fall out.

Note that there's nothing holding the Iliad in when you open the case. When you move the elastic, the Iliad is free to be removed. I guess one could use velcro to keep it in place, if desired, as someone else on the list did.

Anyway, I've attached some photos.
Looks good, it fits perfectly, iLiad goes unnoticed and it doesn't look like being expensive. Great option!
Old 08-28-2006, 06:33 PM   #59
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite66
not sure it was something i was going discus with the uk branch if the would reply to me.
the uk site gives better pictures of what they offer.
http://www.thepouch.co.uk/shop/index.php?pouch=custom
click "View pictures of our slim pouch cases"
My Pouch arrived today. It took about 2.5 weeks for them to make it and get it to me. Not bad.

Overall, it's very nice. It fits the iLiad like a glove. It's a snug fit - not so tight that it's hard to get in and out, but the iLiad won't fall out of it either. Don't put your iLiad in side while the buttons are active, though, because the case will "press" the buttons.

You cannot use the iLiad from the case or charge it in the case (unless you put the iLiad in upside down). Of course, that means that the case protects more. This is a very nice case if you could potentially be in rainy weather with your iLiad since the neoprene will prrotect it from the elements.

It should also protect it from some drops, but don't count on it. The Pouch doesn't protect around the corners and edges if dropped.

Bottom line, I think it's worth the price ($39 including shipping).
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 09:43 AM   #60
deadite66
Groupie
deadite66 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad, uk Kindle gen3
my order from thepouch USA arrived today yay.
it looks a pretty well made case.

hires pictures here http://www.ghostpilot.org/share/thepouch_iliad/
deadite66 is offline   Reply With Quote