Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-31-2006, 11:35 PM   #16
eumesmo
Connoisseur
eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Well, I meant education, textbooks, dictionary, encyclopedia, literature, composition(I'm hoping for USB keyboard support), you could even use such display as a linux terminal, text only internet browsing, images and video could be easily sent to proper devices like TVs and projectors. Well, we're all obssessed with e-ink, aren't we? So many old books to read and no means to, it's revolting.
eumesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:04 AM   #17
diabloNL
Gadget Force®
diabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with othersdiabloNL plays well with others

Device: Sony PRS-300 + Cybook with funny screen :P
Hi Guys I'm new to the world of ebook readers but I have been following the iLiad for quite some time now. I really get the idea that the delay to September has more to do with availabillity of the iLiad. I think the first delay from April to May was probably what they needed to build stock for the B2B market.

I read that they don't want to launch it for consumers because of OS issues but they will lanch a "faulty" product to the B2B market?

Anyway I think I will wait for the iLiad.
diabloNL is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2006, 07:28 AM   #18
eumesmo
Connoisseur
eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.eumesmo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony Reader
Well, Businesses will probably employ so much custom software, that eventual bugs should be easy to fix, their main interest is business anyways. From the looks of it, the consumer model will be different from the business model, but I still think it was a clever stunt to excuse their inability to meet the schedule.
eumesmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 10:15 AM   #19
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Seem like they are building entirely new computing for these readers, with all the bugs to iron out. Why not take allready existing PDA powerplants and port them to e-ink displays ?

I just love the size of these readers, there is nothing yet that matches them. Tablet PCs are just to bulky.

Are there functions available like dictionnairies, for meaning or translation, without leaving the book beeing read ?

The drawing feature of the Iliad is perfect for me. It just reminds me of my old Mac Plus that I loved so much when It came out.

Seems also like Sony is just testing the market before coming on with the finished product.

By the way Liviu thanks for the suggestion. Does the reader you talk about have a refresh rate ? They're all killers for my eyes.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 11:45 AM   #20
rmeister0
Addict
rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rmeister0 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

"Try the Ebookwise1150. It is not expensive and it's very easy on the eyes, also you can have big fonts. "

Over time I've found that not to be true for me - the backlight on the eb-1150 gives me headaches if I read for more than 10 or 15 minutes, just like PDAs do. The eb-1150 also has poor contrast, and getting a brightness/contrast ratio just right is fidgety. I have yet to see a display that matched the quality of black ink on white matte paper.

I really, really want to see what eInk is capable of without having to buy and hack a Libre.
rmeister0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2006, 12:52 PM   #21
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
Hi,

Personally I have read 2-3 hours easily at a time on Ebookwise 1150 and had no problems. On the other hand daily I have been following 5 screens with fast moving data for 6-7 hours continuosly for many years (7+) so maybe it's just that Ebookwise looks that way to me by comparison.

Liviu

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmeister0
"Try the Ebookwise1150. It is not expensive and it's very easy on the eyes, also you can have big fonts. "

Over time I've found that not to be true for me - the backlight on the eb-1150 gives me headaches if I read for more than 10 or 15 minutes, just like PDAs do. The eb-1150 also has poor contrast, and getting a brightness/contrast ratio just right is fidgety. I have yet to see a display that matched the quality of black ink on white matte paper.

I really, really want to see what eInk is capable of without having to buy and hack a Libre.
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #22
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
glad i purchased a pda first :/ (i'm that new to ebook world hehe)

i'm on my 6th book now, no complain so far; brightnessfix and anti aliased font are a must.

i still want a nice eInk ebook reader though ^^;
luag is offline   Reply With Quote