Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 11:37 AM   #16
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by brecklundin View Post
Who over reacted? Or are people supposed to jump up and fart rainbows when others decide what we all need? If that is not what was meant then it should not have been written in the way it was.
I thought it was quite clear from how Maggie wrote her message that she was referring to writing. Nearly all writers write in black and white; nearly all publications are published using text that is black ink on a white/gray background. So, I guess it was you who overreacted .

I'm sure you have never written a message that was misinterpreted by a few people but understood correctly by most. And here I thought perfection was the province of the gods alone.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:11 PM   #17
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
I'm still very interested in seeing how some of the great serif fonts will look on Pixel Qi, how they're affected by subpixel smoothing like ClearType, and how they look with and without such anti-aliasing enabled.

The relatively low white level is discouraging, but the tweakability of font rendering might offset some of that limitation...and in lower light where the low white level would become a problem, one can just flip on the backlight.

It might not be the ultimate e-paper solution, but it seems like an excellent compromise solution for practical on-the-go computing.

What's sad is that I live a stone's throw away from their Taipei office, and I still haven't had the motivation to run over there and pester people.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-08-2009, 12:30 PM   #18
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Yes, I was using "you" in the sense of a general pronoun. Really it was more of a thinking-out-loud philosophical kind of thing than a !!!YOU!!!, yes, !!!YOU!!! MUST USE BLACK TEXT, TIMES ROMAN 12 PT, ON A WHITE SCREEN!!!

(I have been sometimes known to use Georgia, or, when I'm feeling particularly daring, Garamond while writing. Shh, don't tell on me.)

Such fine distinctions don't always come across in online communications, unfortunately. If your writing requires you (meaning you, brecklundin, specifically in this case) to, er, "fart rainbows," more power to you. Meanwhile, I (meaning me, specifically) will be over here getting 20 hours out of my eInk-equivalent power-sipping netbook.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:50 PM   #19
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
Fart rainbows? I thought you could only fart butterflies? I mean, didn't you see the fourth Harry Potter movie, where the Beauxbatons girls were so perfect they farted butterflies as they came up the aisle in the great hall?

Wish I was perfect enough to fart butterflies. But, then again, everyone would know when you farted.
But would they care? Hmmmmmmm
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote