Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 12-10-2012, 10:19 AM   #3976
chewi
chewi has learned how to read e-bookschewi has learned how to read e-bookschewi has learned how to read e-bookschewi has learned how to read e-bookschewi has learned how to read e-bookschewi has learned how to read e-bookschewi has learned how to read e-books

Device: sony prs-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
I don't see anything there about a new release. Still, I presume you are right. This is indeed great news!

chewi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:47 AM   #3977
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Blackberry Playbook, Sony 650, Kobo Glo, H2O, Aura One, Forma, Libra 2
Could someone suggest a good page starting point for me to catch up on current program abilities issues etc, please.

I've decided to give this project a go ..... and have installed and looked around in etc the current op sys, and now uninstalled pending the upgrade on 16th Dec.

But, as this thread is 266 pages I just don't know where it might be appropriate for me to start reading some current abilities and issues etc.

Thanks
Lynx-lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 05:19 AM   #3978
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
I would suggest to start with the project-page at code.google.com
And especially the WIKI there.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 06:33 AM   #3979
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Could someone suggest a good page starting point for me to catch up on current program abilities issues etc, please.
But, as this thread is 266 pages I just don't know where it might be appropriate for me to start reading some current abilities and issues etc.
For future reference on long project threads like these the first post is usually kept up to date and typically has the current info about the project and a link to the project site where more info can be obtained.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 03:43 PM   #3980
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...
Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lynx-lynx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks people for your answers.

@ Mark - yeah I've been having a nosey around in Project thread over the last few days, and installed this current version for a couple of days and set it up on the reader and used it. Good stuff!!

I've uninstalled it in preparation for today's version update so as to start afresh.

Doctor Ohh - good to see that the conventions have been followed by the OP in this thread too.

Advert
Old 12-15-2012, 08:57 PM   #3981
GoldThreader
Zealot
GoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheeseGoldThreader can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo
No support for the T1 unfortunately their only comment on it is "we would like to support it." not very promising.
GoldThreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:15 AM   #3982
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Lynx-lynx

Glad you like it, but there is no need for uninstalling before update. All PRS+ updates or branches - like PRS+Zork Edition - can be put atop each other. Also stepping back from higher to lower versions, say 2.1.01a to 2.0.18 can be done at once.

All installer packages will contain a folder PRSPInstaller. Copy this folder to the IM (Internal Memory) of your reader.
For 300/505 a installation menu will show up upon disconnect from USB.
For 600/x50 shut off the reader and restart. Update will be installed while restarting.

GoldThreader
Sony changed the underlaying OS from x50 to T1 from Montavista Linux and Kinomas FSK-framework to Android. So PRS+ can't be ported. It would be a complete rewrite in a whole new environment. BTW rupor is doing a great job for T1/T2.

Last edited by Mark Nord; 12-17-2012 at 06:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 12-16-2012, 06:30 PM   #3983
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Hmm. I downloaded a PRSP_650_2.1.02alpha_Installer.zip (4.5 Mb) from the prs+ site, which then vanished and was replaced by PRSP_650_2.1.02alpha.zip (22 Mb). I can only assume my amazing timing allowed to be the only user to snag an unintended file.

Just wondering what the big setup.exe is in the larger of the two files.

And thanks for the new release. I am excited!
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 03:53 AM   #3984
Lynx-lynx
Treachery of images ...

Wow!! Loving the new updates!!!

Thanks development team
Old 12-17-2012, 06:22 AM   #3985
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizla View Post
Just wondering what the big setup.exe is in the larger of the two files.
setup.exe allows to flash a stock (unaltered) reader for the first time. Therefor great parts of the root-filesystem need to be rewritten.

For subsequent updates only the content of update.zip is needed.
See also post #3982
Old 12-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #3986
antistar
Connoisseur
antistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beautyantistar does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: PRS-500, dr800sg, prs-950, MS SP3, Boox i86ML, Sony Z3TC, KV, Sony RP1
I am currently using PRS+ for my 950 with Chinese fonts, but the dictionary stopped showing results after I loaded customized fonts. Does anyone know if using the new update will fix the problem?

Also many many many thanks to the developers of PRS+! Thanks for making the 950 a truly wonderful machine!
antistar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 PM   #3987
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

antistar
You are welcome!
This release introduce a first glance at PRS+Dictionary, plus summarize 10 month of development. There are no font specific fixes or other fixes atm.

But please read HowToCustomFonts in project WIKI

You are/will have to mount --bind a appropriate folder with Chines-fonts.
Place the mount --bind line in /database/system/PRSPlus/prsp.sh

AND You will have to include the font-file SWNMTeb.ttc to enable dictionary! See WIKI
Old 12-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #3988
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Re: new version v2.1.02alpha

I have just installed the new version of PRSPlus with no problems, so thank you

However, I am a little confused. I am well-versed, from earlier versions, in how to use css files to control font face/size/page margins/line-height etc. I see that the new version appears to allow finer controls from within the book without having to hard-code values in the css files.

I also see a new file called \database\system\PRSPlus\userCSSValues.js.x50 which looks as if it might allow me to set my own button values for the fine-tuning of font-size, line-height, indent and page margins. I have tried to change the original values from
Code:
// base-settings for CSS-tweaking; change values but keep number of arguments!!
return {
	"t_ffont"  : ['default', '1.033em', '1.066em', '1.10em', '1.20em'],
	"t_lheight": ['default', '1.0em', '1.25em', '1.5em', '2.0em'],
	"t_indent" : ['default', '0em', '1.0em', '1.5em', '2.0em'],
	"t_margin" : ['default', '0em', '0.5em', '1.0em', '1.5em']
}
to my own of
Code:
// base-settings for CSS-tweaking; change values but keep number of arguments!!
return {
	"t_ffont"  : ['default', '0.85em', '0.9em', '0.95em', '1.05em'],
	"t_lheight": ['default', '1.2em', '1.25em', '1.3em', '1.35em'],
	"t_indent" : ['default', '0em', '1.0em', '1.5em', '2.0em'],
	"t_margin" : ['default', '0.1em', '0.2em', '0.3em', '0.4em']
}
but it still appears to use the old values, even after a full shutdown.

Have I completely misunderstood what this file is for? Please can you enlighten me.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:44 AM   #3989
Mark Nord
2B || !2B

You are more then half way down the road jackie_w
Just delete the .x50 part of the template filename, so that it will read: userCSSValues.js
After a USB connect/disconnect cycle or a restart, you should be good to go.
Please note that your new values for line-hight will NOT change the button-caption in the extended Size-Overlay.

For all regular users of 2.1.01a and 2.0.18, who just upgraded to 2.1.02a I suggest to have a look at:WhatsNewIn2_1_x
Old 12-18-2012, 07:17 AM   #3990
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Nord View Post
For all regular users of 2.1.01a and 2.0.18, who just upgraded to 2.1.02a I suggest to have a look at:WhatsNewIn2_1_x
Thanks, Mark. I can't believe I missed this section when I looked at the wiki last night. I did manage to find and configure the extern.css file despite this.

Are the missing 'line-height' labels a temporary bug? I'm not too bothered as I'll just keep hitting buttons until each font looks 'right'.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote