Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-08-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
swimr29
swimr29 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello and question here for the experts

Hello, looks like a great site, and I was hoping to get some help with a few questions that i have.

i'm a highschool junior and have to annotate (highlight/make notes in text)
in a lot of books.
i recently started looking into ebook readers, especially the kindle. However, since i am going to be needing a laptop for school soon, i was looking at a kindle application for the new windows7 instead. it seems great, with a touch screen (? i think) and all, but i was wondering if anyone knows whether or not it will allow me to make annotations on the computer itself, or if i need to also own a kindle in order to do that. i know that on the kindle i can highlight and make notes, but can i do that with just the windows7 program as well?

thanks in advance!

Last edited by swimr29; 11-08-2009 at 04:40 PM.
swimr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
hodad66
Beachside Member
hodad66 doesn't litterhodad66 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle 3
hodad66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2009, 05:21 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi swimr29 and welcome to MobileRead. You might also post your question over in the Kindle section here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=140
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #4
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello swimr29, and Click image for larger version

Name:	cow.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	4.2 KB
ID:	38751 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote